HomeGroupsTalkExploreZeitgeist
Search Site
This site uses cookies to deliver our services, improve performance, for analytics, and (if not signed in) for advertising. By using LibraryThing you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Your use of the site and services is subject to these policies and terms.
Hide this

Results from Google Books

Click on a thumbnail to go to Google Books.

Loading...

The Daily Show with Jon Stewart Presents Earth (The Book): A Visitor's…

by Jon Stewart, Rory Albanese, Steve Bodow, David Javerbaum, Josh Lieb

MembersReviewsPopularityAverage ratingMentions
1,819457,719 (3.75)32
Jon Stewart and the writers of The Daily Show embark on a mission to write a book that sums up the human race: What we looked like; what we accomplished; our achievements in society, government, religion, science and culture. Here is the definitive guide to our species--completely unburdened by objectivity, journalistic integrity, or even accuracy.… (more)
Loading...

Sign up for LibraryThing to find out whether you'll like this book.

No current Talk conversations about this book.

» See also 32 mentions

Showing 1-5 of 45 (next | show all)
Amikor megtudtam, hogy Jon Stewart otthagyja a Daily Show-t, finoman szólva nem örültem. Persze tök jó Trevor Noah is, és vannak más late night show-k is, pl Stephen Colbert-rel, amire teljesen átszoktam, pláne, hogy időnként Jon Stewart is előbújik az asztala alól (ő maga – Stephen mármint – meg a Daily Show-ban kezdte a showműsoros pályafutását, mert van neki színészi is, mindegy). Na szóval kellett valami pótlék azután is, hogy az Oscar-gálától kezdve mindent végignéztem, ahol hallhattam. Nem csalódtam ebben a könyvben, pont az a fajta szarkasztikus humor, amiért annyira szeretem.

Ez egy kézikönyv a jövő űrlényeinek, akik ellátogatnak hozzánk, és azt látják, kipusztult az emberiség (lehetséges okok szintén a könyvben). Elmagyarázza nekik, kik voltunk, miket csináltunk. Rengeteg képpel, vinnyogva röhögős képaláírásokkal és magyarázatokkal, közben nagyon is pontosan (és sokszor nem túl píszín, de rendkívül önironikusan) rátapintva az emberi faj baromságaira. Legszívesebben az egészet kiírtam volna, még fogok belőle idézni. ( )
  blueisthenewpink | Jul 2, 2022 |
I listened to the abridged audiobook in Playaway format. Some of it was funny, but I wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be. It was a creative idea. ( )
  Wren73 | Mar 4, 2022 |
Amusing, tongue-in-cheek description of our planet, our culture, our political system as if left for future aliens after human life has died out. Contributors include the staff of The Daily Show, and the brand of humor they offer. ( )
  rsutto22 | Jul 15, 2021 |
I wanted to like this book, since I do enjoy The Daily Show. However, the book just left me with a lukewarm feeling. It was not bad; it just was not that good. Sure, it had humorous moments here and there, and I think the premise of "a handbook for aliens visiting Earth" was pretty good. But a lot of the humor seems pushed, like trying a bit too hard. This is definitely a book to skip around and browse, not one to read cover to cover. Just find your favorite parts and enjoy, skip the rest. Another reason I was disappointed is because I liked America(The Book) (which I reviewed here too). This just did not live up to that. So, read it if you are a real fan of the show, or if you feel a need to keep up after reading the other one. This is one to borrow, not buy. ( )
  bloodravenlib | Aug 17, 2020 |
A textbook written by a comedian. Instant adult classic.
  ksmedberg | Aug 15, 2018 |
Showing 1-5 of 45 (next | show all)
no reviews | add a review

» Add other authors (13 possible)

Author nameRoleType of authorWork?Status
Jon Stewartprimary authorall editionscalculated
Albanese, Rorymain authorall editionsconfirmed
Bodow, Stevemain authorall editionsconfirmed
Javerbaum, Davidmain authorall editionsconfirmed
Lieb, Joshmain authorall editionsconfirmed
You must log in to edit Common Knowledge data.
For more help see the Common Knowledge help page.
Canonical title
Original title
Alternative titles
Original publication date
People/Characters
Important places
Important events
Related movies
Awards and honors
Epigraph
Dedication
First words
Greetings alien brethren!
Quotations
Last words
(Click to show. Warning: May contain spoilers.)
Disambiguation notice
Publisher's editors
Blurbers
Original language
Canonical DDC/MDS
Canonical LCC

References to this work on external resources.

Wikipedia in English (2)

Jon Stewart and the writers of The Daily Show embark on a mission to write a book that sums up the human race: What we looked like; what we accomplished; our achievements in society, government, religion, science and culture. Here is the definitive guide to our species--completely unburdened by objectivity, journalistic integrity, or even accuracy.

No library descriptions found.

Book description
Haiku summary

Popular covers

Quick Links

Rating

Average: (3.75)
0.5
1 2
1.5 2
2 19
2.5 6
3 111
3.5 18
4 148
4.5 9
5 76

Is this you?

Become a LibraryThing Author.

Hachette Book Group

2 editions of this book were published by Hachette Book Group.

Editions: 044657922X, 1607886154

Penguin Australia

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

» Publisher information page

 

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 174,114,520 books! | Top bar: Always visible