dismiss

New Spring by Robert Jordan

New Spring

by Robert Jordan

Series: Wheel of Time (0)

For three days battle has raged in the snow around the great city of Tar Valon. In the city, a Foretelling of the future is uttered. On the slopes of Dragonmount, the immense mountain that looms over the city, is born an infant prophesied to change the world. That child must be found before the forces of the Shadow have an opportunity to kill him. Moiraine Damodred, a young Accepted soon to be raised to Aes Sedai, and Lan Mandragoran, a soldier fighting in the battle, are set on paths that will bind their lives together. But those paths are filled with complications and dangers, for Moiraine, of the royal House of Cairhien, whose king has just died, and Lan, considered the uncrowned king of a nation long dead, find their lives threatened by the plots of those seeking power.… (more)
Recently added byaarongable, allison_s, rena40, private library, Salaxalans, ggoldby, scottyn73

English (49)  Spanish (1)  German (1)  Dutch (1)  Finnish (1)  All languages (53)
I wavered between 3.5 and 4 stars but in the end, it deserves the higher rating. I started this audiobook yesterday; after a few hours of listening, I planned on doing some other stuff but each time the sleep timer turned the book off, I would want to find out what was going to happen next and turn it back on again. The fact that Jordan's books do that to me tells me that, despite all the things that irritate me, they are indeed better than just good.

I found that young Moiraine reminded me a lot of Nynaeve without the braid pulling. My annoyance didn't really start until Moiraine meets Lan - as had happened many times in the series with Rand, the way people are oblivious to the circumstances surrounding other people and their assumptions that they read both the person and events correctly irritate me. However, that irritation is more a reflection on me than Jordan as this facet of human nature is undoubtedly one that exists (particularly in adolescents and young adults!). ( )
  leslie.98 | Mar 14, 2020 |
Lan e Moiraine ( )
  SamanthaRaciti | Feb 25, 2020 |
It seems to me that for some spinoff book for Wheel of Time, a prequel based around Moiraine and Lan seems like the obvious choice, but not the best choice. It's good for what it is, but I've never liked the White Tower stuff in the main series anyways. 3/5 personally, but 4/5 objectively. ( )
  sigma16 | Dec 5, 2019 |
  sigma16 | Dec 5, 2019 |
This book is quite interesting, but I think that the storyline of the whole series works best if you read the book after book two or three, at the earliest. Otherwise, some perfectly good mysteries are revealed before their time, IMO. ( )
  malexmave | Oct 3, 2019 |

Russo, CarolCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sweet, Darrell K.Cover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
For Harriet
Now and forever
A cold wind gusted through the night, across the snow-covered land where men had been killing one another for the past three days.

For three days, battle has raged around the city of Tar Valon. In the White Tower two young Accepted attend the Amyrlin Seat and her Keeper as they await word of the outcome. Purely by chance, Moiraine Damodred and Siuan Sanche are on duty when the Keeper foretells the rebirth of the Dragon, the world's only hope of winning the fight against the Dark One.
Moiraine, Suian, Lan join
Begin fight against Dark Lord
Dragon is reborn
(islanddave)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 146,227,600 books! | Top bar: Always visible