The Lady of the Storm by Kathryne Kennedy

The Lady of the Storm

by Kathryne Kennedy

The only reason why I'm reading this book was wanting to know what happen in Fireham and so that i could associate physical pain of wisdom tooth with this book. Review later. ( )
  aoibhealfae | Sep 23, 2013 |
  aoibhealfae | Sep 23, 2013 |
Kathryne Kennedy definitely keeps me guessing. When I first read The Fire Lord's Lover I was blown away. The world building was amazing, I loved the characters and the story was intriguing. Then I read Beneath the Thirteen Moons which was painful. So I wasn't sure what to expect from this one but had high hopes since it was a sequel to The Fire Lord's Lover and while I knew it would focus on new characters I hoped it would contain the same level of world building and character development that the previous book contained. Unfortunately the book just left me feeling ho hum. As a disclaimer it might just be because like I mentioned in my review of The Fire Lord's Lover the world building was so good I would have preferred this series to be a fantasy series with a little bit of romance thrown in rather than a romance series with some fantasy aspects thrown in. So I felt like we lost a little bit of that in this book. It focused more so on the romance which as with a lot of romance books was predictable.

I did not feel strongly one way or another about either Cecily or Giles so I did not feel very invested in their romance. I think what caused the most disappointment for me was that we were given so many more tantalizing glimpses into the Elven world, how they came to settle in England and the intricacies of their relationship with magic, the dragons and each other but then we would always veer back to the romance. So for those who view this series as pure romance then you will probably enjoy it. If you are like me and more fascinated with the world Kennedy created and wanting to see more of the story behind the elves and humans then you might be a tad disappointed that we didn't get more. This book really hasn't pushed me one way or another into the like or dislike camp of Kennedy's books so I will probably pick up the next book before making my final decision on whether or not to keep up with the series. ( )
  dasuzuki | Aug 20, 2011 |
THE LADY OF THE STORM by Kathryne Kennedy is an interesting romantic fantasy set in 1734 England. It is the second in THE ELVEN LORDS. See “The Fire Lord’s Lover”,but can be read as a stand alone. It is written with depth and details.The characters are easy to follow,enchanting,well developed and will capture your heart. This author’s imagination is shown from the beginning to the end of this romantic fantasy. It has romance,love, magic,fantasy,adventure,
drama,passion, an alternate England, conflict between good vs evil adventure, internal and external conflicts. As Cecily and Giles come to terms with their attractions they must also battle Cecily’s evil father. This is a story that is both dark and enticing.An epic fantasy that will take your breathe away. The story has a few twists and turns while the hero and heroine battle not only their passion but for a way of life free of overbearing elven lords.A fast paced,action paced fantasy that is sure to capture readers both of fantasy,and romance. A great read full of passion,magic
,elven lords and love. This book was received for the purpose of review from the publisher.Details can be found at Sourcebooks Casablanca and My Book Addiction Reviews. ( )
  tarenn | Aug 6, 2011 |

"Giles Beaumont is stuck in a role he never wanted, trying to safegard a woman of incendiary powers who doesn't think she needs a protector"--Cover p. [4].

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,785,952 books! | Top bar: Always visible