Moonwind

by Louise Lawrence

One of two teenage winners of a trip to earth's first lunar base falls in love with an astral extraterrestrial who has been stranded on the moon for thousands of years and who needs his help to repair her spaceship so that she can return home.

I am revisiting books read and written during my childhood. Two teenage winners of a writing competition, Welsh Gareth and American Karen, win tickets to visit the moon. A non-corporeal girl called Bethkahn, from an alien planet, needs a part of her sentient ship fixed by a flesh and blood human in order to return home after a 10,000 year sleep. What ensues is a simple exploration of relationships and the meaning of existence as we know it and as it could be. How Bethkahn came to be there is a fascinating premise that could have been explored in more detail. However, this is a relatively short and simple story, though somehow compelling and elegantly, though not overly lyrically, written. Some of the technology and details about life on the Moon show the book's age, but still an enjoyable read. ( )
  Booksplorer | May 19, 2021 |
This is in the Junior Lit Sci/Fi genre. I can't really tell you why I love this author, but I do. Her writing style is very simple and straight forward, not a lot of fluff and upon closer inspection not a lot of overly descriptive passages. It is a quick read.

This book is about an alien life form that gets trapped on the earth's moon when her crew leaves her to fix their ship. They went down to earth and landed on Atlantis, right before it was destroyed. She then spends thousands of years waiting for someone to come save her from her loneliness. Eventually, we land on the moon... ( )
  CharityBradford | Apr 1, 2014 |

CharityBradford | Apr 1, 2014 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,571,024 books! | Top bar: Always visible