Midnight Sons, Volume 1 (Brides for Brothers / The Marriage Risk)

by Debbie Macomber

Series: Midnight Sons (Macomber) (Omnibus 1 and 2)

Lonely men in Hard Luck, Alaska, looking for women. Our town might be cold, but our hearts are warm! Location: north of the Arctic Circle. Population: 150 (mostly men!). But the three O'Halloran brothers, who run a bush-plane charter service called Midnight Sons, are heading a campaign to bring women to town. Brides for brothers: Sawyer O'Halloran, the middle brother, isn't entirely in favor of this scheme. But he considers himself immune to any woman—even the lovely Abbey Sutherland. She's arriving in Alaska within days. However, there's a complication…or two. She hasn't told them she's arriving with kids! The marriage risk: Like his brothers, Charles O'Halloran has a distrust of marriage in general—and of anyone related to Catherine Harmon Fletcher in particular. She's the woman who tried to destroy his parents' marriage. Too bad Lanni Caldwell, the only woman he's ever really fallen for, is Catherine's granddaughter…… (more)

An enjoyable light romance set in Alaska. ( )
  FancyHorse | Sep 7, 2015 |
Midnight Sons Volume: 1
Debbie Macomber
Brides for Brothers book 1 ☆★☆
The Marriage Risk book 2 ☆★☆★

Im rating the books together. For
quick romance reads, I loved both stories.
Oh my gosh book 2 had me crying my eyes out. Books one made me frustrated with Sawyer. I love when a book can bring out so many different emotions at once.

I love that it was a good romance even without any sex going on. These books were more emotional. You could almost feel what these two couples were going through. Ellen and davids story is so tragic and sad, but also realistic for their tome period. There wasnt anything to farfetched and I like that.

These are fun cozy up next to your fireplace in the winter reads! ( )
  Courtney_Chance | Jun 19, 2014 |
Midnight Sons Volume: 1
Debbie Macomber
Brides for Brothers book 1 ☆★☆
The Marriage Risk book 2 ☆★☆★

Im rating the books together. For
quick romance reads, I loved both stories.

These are fun cozy up next to your fireplace in the winter reads! ( )
  Courtney_Chance | Jun 19, 2014 |
Title: Midnight Sons Volume # 1
Author: Debbie Macomber
Published: Mira
Reviewed By: Arlena Dean
Rating: 5
Series: Midnight Sons Volume # 1: Brides for Brothers and The Marriage Risk
Review:

"Midnight Sons Volume # 1" by Debbie Macomber was a wonderful romantic contemporary read. I thought this was a well written story that kept me turning the pages until the end. Would bringing women to Hard Luck, Alaska in the hopes of matchmaking with the various men that lived there was really something that I thought this author did well with. This novel was mainly Abby, Sawyer, Charles and Lenny story.

How will this turn out? This was a town of '150 people, no main roads, mostly men, bears and cold freezing weather. Now, who would want to come here? What could this Arctic Circle offer in the way of jobs and living conditions in this area? When a single mom decides to live Seattle and moves to Hard Luck...well I will say that it get pretty interesting. What will or could go wrong for her? This is where I will say you will have to pick up this good read to see how and what all will come to this story from this author. Be ready for a very interesting read. You will find yourself even laughing as you read through "The Midnight Son" novel. This author gives the reader a descriptions of 'magnificence, vastness, and small town friendliness.' I found the characters very rich, well developed and well portrayed giving the reader some good read.

If you are looking for a well written read that will keep your attention until the end, you have come to the right place. For "Midnight Sons" is a cute delightful romantic read that I would recommend to you as a good read. ( )
  arlenadean | Jan 22, 2014 |
This story was OK. Very predictable, and it looses a bit for me when people fall so in love within 2 weeks that they'd die for the other person. You have an independent, strong male character afraid of marriage and a month later he's walking down the aisle with a woman with 2 kids he barely knows. Then you have a city woman who moves to the middle of no-where Alaska but she's tough because she's determined to make it in a one-room shack with an outhouse despite having two young children? It is a nice story, but it's very much a story. I wasn't really able to fully enjoy this one. ( )
  Azacia | Dec 8, 2013 |

Location: north of the Arctic Circle, Population: 150 (mostly men!) But the three O’Halloran brothers, who run a bush-plane charter service called Midnight Sons, are heading a campaign to bring women to town.

Brides for Brothers:
Sawyer O’Halloran, the middle brother, isn’t entirely in favor of this scheme. But he considers himself immune to any woman – even the lovely Abbey Sutherland. She’s arriving in Alaska within days. However, there’s a complication…or two. She hasn’t told them she’s arriving with kids!

The Marriage Risk:
Like his brothers, Charles O’Halloran has a distrust of marriage in general – and of anyone related to Catherine Harmon Fletcher in particular. She’s the woman who tried to destroy his parents’ marriage. Too bad Lanni Caldwell, the only woman he’s ever really fallen for, is Catherine’s granddaughter…

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,327,724 books! | Top bar: Always visible