Shades of Earl Grey (2003)

by Laura Childs

Series: Tea Shop Mysteries (3)

Indigo Tea Shop owner Theodosia Browning is finally invited to a social event that she doesn't have to cater-but there's more than champagne bubbling. . . Theo is mingling with the cream of Charleston society at the engagement soiree of the season. But as they eagerly await the dazzling young couple's arrival-the groom meets with a freak accident. The exquisite wedding ring-a family heirloom from the crown of Marie Antoinette-is mysteriously missing. Theodosia suspects that trouble is brewing. But when she goes to the authorities, they treat her like she's been reading tea leaves-and that's the surest way to put Theodosia's kettle on the boil . . .… (more)

Delightful as a perfectly brewed cup of tea. ( )
  Stephen.Lawton | Aug 7, 2021 |
It was nice to spend time with Theodosia, Drayton, and Haley again. I think I would like Theodosia's tea shop as a place to visit/spend time.

According to the book, Shades of Earl Grey is a tea blend that Drayton created. Earl Grey is also the name of Theodosia's dog.

I liked the idea of something new being created out of something thought to be broken beyond repair. A different way to appreciate the same thing.

The mystery deals mostly with stolen goods--what appears to be stolen jewelry at first but eventually links to other stolen items of great value. ( )
  JenniferRobb | May 9, 2021 |
Good read. Love the setting and the characters. ( )
  Greymowser | May 8, 2020 |
This is still one of my favorite series. I love the Charleston setting and how you still get that small town feel. Laura Childs' mysteries are always hard to solve, which adds to the enjoyment of the book. I hate to know who the culprit is before the end of the book. The characters are well developed and have such a great friendship. I love reading this series! ( )
  BookishHooker | Dec 16, 2019 |
This is a wonderful blend of mystery, characters you can relate to in a wonderful fun setting. I just love this series and book ( )
  debf56 | May 15, 2018 |

Belongs to Series

Scurrying across the Italian marble floor of the Lady Goodwood Inn, Theodosia Browning glanced up at the gleaming painting of the inn's venerable founder and matriarch.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,256,134 books! | Top bar: Always visible