Shadow Game by Christine Feehan
1,049None8,019 (3.79)15

English (22)  Dutch (1)  All languages (23)
This series has been hit or miss for me. The first book I barely finished. The female lead was not endearing, in fact she got on my nerves. Pretty much the entire series she annoys me. So, if you find that you do not like this book try the second one before you give up. ( )
  Bea_writer | Sep 21, 2013 |
Contemporary paranormal from Feehan. While the writing style is very similar to the Carpathians, it's a totally different feel and dynamic. Fast paced. Overloaded with emotional baggage. Still worth reading the next. ( )
  lesmel | Jul 13, 2013 |
This is the first book I’ve ready by Christine Feehan and I must say, I waited too long! It was hard to get into during the first chapter but once the story got rolling I couldn’t put it down. The characters are rich, engaging, and emotionally identifiable. This is definitely a story to get lost in! I can’t wait to read the next book in this series.

**Warning**
I’m not a literary major & the above review is just my personal opinion. Anything that I may have said that offends you, your intelligence, your profession, or beliefs is unintentional and irrelevant to my personal review. If your opinion differs from mine, please, feel free to make your own comments and disagree.
  TragicButterfly | Jun 14, 2013 |
I’m not really into Paranormal Romance; but I read this book because it was recommended by one of my goodreads friends; we have a book recommendation exchange program going and I thought I would be objective about this book even if I wasn’t looking forward to reading it. What I did like about this book was the Sci-Fi elements in this book; telekinetic soldier, Ryland seems to fall hard and fast for another telekinetic person; the overprotected, Lily. The psychic connections between the two seem to play a heavy role in the book; I think they were having physic sex before they actually meet in the book. Which brings me to the thing I didn’t really like about this book; the romance. While I’m ok with some romance in the book I think this book replaced any form of excitement/plot with romance and sex. Any hint of plot seemed to be overshadowed by the sex; I didn’t really enjoy the sex either; it seemed like the author was trying to censor herself too much, the lack of swearing and violence is a good example of that. I don’t think I’ll ever become a fan of the romance genre, defiantly not the paranormal romance genre but I will continue to keep an open mind when it comes to recommendations. ( )
  knowledgelost | Mar 31, 2013 |
I have very few complaint about Christine Feehan, and I have fallen in love with the 'Ghostwalker Series', this is the second time that I have read Shadow Game and it was good to read this one again, and I plan on reading the rest of the series. This is the first book in the Ghostwalker Series, with Cpt. Ryland Miller and Lily Whitney has the main characters. Lily has grown up with mental abilities and is a anchor and is able to help others that have issues controlling their mental powers. Her father Peter Whitney brings her on to his latest project. Peter Whitney brought in a group of men that were in the Special Op's division of the military, the best of the best literally. Peter manipulated their minds so that they had mental abilities, and put them in cages in a secured location. The moment that Ryland and Lily meet, the ground shifts and there is a instant connection between them. Ryland is amazed, because the moment Lily enters the room, all the pain in his head disappears, and he is able to concentrate clearly and efficiently. Ryland and Lily have a strong connected to each other, and are able to communicate mentally, and Ryland is desperate to get his men out of their prison and be free once more. Ryland is losing one of his men slowly one at a time, and knows that he and his men must escape as soon as possible, or they will all be dead. After Peter Whitney is killed, Lily although grief stricken, finds some truths about her father and her childhood that haunts her. However, despite all that she is suffering, she manages to help Ryland and his team escape, and transfer them to her house. One of his men Jeff, is injured, and she slowly helps him recover. Together as Ryland and Lily work toward the mysterious of Lily's past, the passion and the connection them becomes stronger and deeper than ever.
This is a exciting adventure with twists and turns of intrigue and sizziling passions and intense suspense that keep you on the edge of your seat. Definitely a page turner, and the characters both main and minor characters, thoroughly charm its readers. I found myself being drawn to both Ryland and Lily, who are both strong characters and have powerful abilities, and are able to work together to discover the mysteries of Peter Whitney. Although Ryland hates the man, he fells what Lily feels and is able to help her in her grieving for her father whom she loved. Lily however discovers a powerful secret about her childhood. Lily and other young girls had natural mental abilities, which Peter Whitney forced them to use and hurt themselves in the process. It wasn't until Lily hurt her leg in a accident, that Peter Whitney finally faced himself and he found the other girl's homes and raised Lily as his own. This is a deep and emotional story that will tear your heart asunder but will endear you to the story and its captivating characters. This is definitely a read you don't want to miss out on! ( )
  addictofromance | Feb 25, 2013 |
For my brother, Matthew King, many thanks for all the help with the research necessary for this book. And for McKenzie King, for her dynamite smile and her help in turning those book covers in the proper direction!

Special thanks to Cheryl Wilson. I have no iddea what I'd do without you.
Captain Ryland Miller leaned his head against the wall and closed his eyes in utter weariness.

The classified experiment is the brainchild of renowned scientist Peter Whitney and his brilliant daughter, Lily. Created to enhance the psychic abilities of an elite squadron, it can transform their natural mental powers into a unique military weapon. But something goes wrong. In the isolated underground labs, the men have been dying-victims of bizarre accidents. Captain Ryland Miller knows he is next. When Dr. Whitney himself is murdered, Ryland has only one person left to trust: the beautiful Lily. Possessed of an uncanny sixth sense herself, Lily shares Ryland's every new fear, every betrayal, every growing suspicion, and every passionate beat of the heart. Together, they will be drawn deeper into the labyrinth of her father's past…and closer to a secret that someone would kill to keep hidden.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0515135968, Mass Market Paperback)

A man and woman possessed of telekinetic powers. She is the doctor. He is the experiment. What comes between them is a terrifying secret history that could save them or destroy them.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:48:52 -0400)

When Dr. Peter Whitney's top-secret experiment that enhances psychic abilities goes terribly wrong, resulting in a rash of brutal murders, his daughter Lily and Captain Ryland Miller, both of whom possess telekinetic powers, must join forces to stop a twisted madman bent on their destruction.… (more)

Two editions of this book were published by Audible.com.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,410,002 books! | Top bar: Always visible