Catch as Cat Can (2002)

by Rita Mae Brown, Sneaky Pie Brown

When a rare set of hubcaps is stolen, it seems like a harmless offense, until the suspected theif is found hanged in the woods. Soon the body count rises, forcing Harry to divide her time between getting to the bottom of the malfeasance and dating a handsome visitor from Uraguay.

Fast, fun read with Harry and her smart cats and dog. ( )
  Bookish59 | Jan 24, 2015 |
This was my second Mrs. Murphy book and I thoroughly enjoyed it, unlike my first foray into the series. It is a simple, fun, light romp and I enjoyed the antics of the cats and Tucker. I'll admit to being not put off by the preciousness of the thought of talking cats and animals, and it is the animals that really make these stories, not so much the humans, perhaps with the exception of Harry and perhaps one or two others. I liked it. I'll rate it 4 stars simply because although not complex, I would read it again and still enjoy it. ( )
  dooney | Apr 7, 2014 |
I have been enjoying my stress-free, non-professional life, and part of that is reading silly mysteries where cats solve crimes with the bumbling assistance of their humans. I like this series just fine for that purpose. ( )
  JeremyPreacher | Mar 30, 2013 |
CRAP!!! Couldn't even get through this meandering, distracted book. The plot goes nowhere and goes off on random tangents that last for chapters. The animals TALK and it's just terrible, terrible. You don't care about any character at all. Don't waste your time. ( )
  rdurant1217 | Jan 26, 2009 |
#10 in the Mrs. Murphy mystery series set in Crozet, Virginia and featuring Mrs. Murphy (a tabby cat), Tucker (a Welsh Corgi) and Pewter (a fat gray cat) and their human, Mary Minor “Harry” Harristeen, local postmistress. As usual, Harry becomes involved in a local murder investigation, the killing of one of the brothers who run the local auto salvage business. At first it looks accidental, but when two other dead bodies (obviously murdered) turn up and ties lead back to Roger, his body is exhumed and was found to be poisoned. What ties all three of them together? The answer was rather obvious to me, but my ‘bad guy’ antennae were twitching right from the very beginning—I just needed a couple of meaty clues to confirm my hunch. Mrs. Murphy and crew put Harry and the others on the right track in the end, of course. On a personal note, Harry is escorted to several local functions by an attractive and gentlemanly assistant ambassador from Uruguay, putting a fly in the ointment for Fair Haristeen, her ex-husband who is hoping to woo her back. Enjoyable light listen read by a wonderful reader. I’m catching up with the series rather quickly—only a half-dozen or so to go now! A ( )
  Spuddie | Nov 5, 2008 |

Rita Mae Brownprimary authorall editionscalculated
Brown, Sneaky Piemain authorall editionsconfirmed
Long, low strips of silver fog filled the green hollows and ravines of the Blue Ridge Mountains.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,442,977 books! | Top bar: Always visible