Locke & Key: Clockworks

by Joe Hill, Gabriel Rodriguez (Illustrator)

Series: Locke & Key: Clockworks (1-6), Locke & Key (5)

Tyler and Kinsey learn the true story of the Locke family and travel through time, while Zack Wells assumes a new form.

English (57)  German (2)  Dutch (1)  French (1)  All languages (61)
I only have Locke & Key, Vol. 6: Alpha & Omega left now. I never thought the Locke & Key would be so addictive and I both want and not want to read the very last comicbook... ( )
  MaraBlaise | Jul 23, 2022 |
I wasn't very intrigued by the whole back story thing for an entire book, but once the thing got rolling it really hooked me. The story is really pretty tight and Hill has definitely thought this whole thing through. He isn't just free associating the whole thing. Even though this is almost all back story it does advance the main present day story line and ends up being pretty critical to it.

Deserves two reads unless you can really keep track of what each key and artifact is doing and who is using it. There is almost always something going on in the cell graphically that is beyond the words so you need to pay attention to get the full effect. Not hidden, just richer; very cinematic in a way. This is what a good graphic novel should do.

The only thing I hate is its going to be forever before Locke & Key: Omega is complete especially since they are going to do a one-off Locke & Key Grindhouse that doesn't have anything to do with the main story line. Like most things, I'll have probably lost interest by then and put them all in a box to sell. ( )
  Gumbywan | Jun 24, 2022 |
Well, well, well... Everything makes sense after reading this volume. The past is finally unveiled and all the hints, the brief references add up as the big picture is revealed. We understand, for the first time really, how the keys came into existence, their purpose, the Lockes' involvement.
The characters are all maturing, especially Tyler who's growing into a not-that-stupid young man. Rodriguez's depiction of "evil Bode" is outstanding. Loved the book. Loving the series! ( )
  Chandna_Agarwal | Apr 8, 2022 |
This series just keeps on getting better and better. ( )
  bdgamer | Sep 10, 2021 |
Graphic novels simply do not get better than this. Through his ups (Heart Shaped Box), his downs (Horns), and his ups again (NOS4A2) as a novelist, the Locke and Key series has always stood out as his best work. This, the penultimate edition, is no exception.

And one of the major reasons this is so good is because of Gabriel Rodriquez's incredibly detailed, and wonderfully enchanting artwork. Joe gives us the concepts, but Gabriel makes them come alive.

I can't recommend this series enough. ( )
  TobinElliott | Sep 3, 2021 |

Joe Hillprimary authorall editionscalculated
Rodriguez, GabrielIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Fotos, JayColoristsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Joe Hill is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 173,733,776 books! | Top bar: Always visible