Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Bared to You by Sylvia Day

Bared to You (2012)

by Sylvia Day

Series: Crossfire (1)

The Harem by Thomas Sweeney (Emma-Reads)
    Twenty Tones of Red by Pauline Montford (PaulineMontford)
    PaulineMontford: Both books share the same erotic intensity and life-affirming sensuality.

English (107)  Spanish (2)  Italian (2)  Catalan (1)  All languages (112)
Oh this book....so many different thoughts and feelings. Eva and Gideon are so screwed up. But that is what makes you want to root for their relationship so much more. They both bring issues from severely messed up family situations into the relationship. It is a wonderful experience to see them work through these issues in their own way. Sometimes I found myself wanting to reach through the book and smack them at times. However, that is what makes me drawn to the characters even more. At times I hated them...hated the choices they made, what they said. But at the same time, it's what made me drawn to them even more.

A lot of the sex scenes are unrealistic, but hey, it's a fantasy novel...what do you expect.

There are some qualms I had with this book, but overall I found myself not being able to put it down. ( )
  jawink22 | Feb 6, 2019 |
I must be honest with myself this book reminded me of Fifty shades 2 years back

I will probably never read this ( )
  Savehouse | Sep 24, 2018 |
First, I won this book through Goodreads First-Reads program.

I loved this book first and foremost. This book should not be compared to Fifty Shades. Yes, I agree there are similarities but the writing style and characters are completely different. Sylvia Day has a way of bringing her characters to life and you can feel their pain and sorrow. They actually have depth. The supporting characters also have depth. I loved Eva and Gideon's story and I cannot wait to read the second installment in this series. ( )
  Kristinah | May 8, 2018 |
  AmberGoleb | Mar 13, 2018 |
I can't believe how annoying Eva was when she ran off after every altercation and how she ended up fighting with him whatever the situation was, I'm glad he was calmer and an optimist. I felt sorry for Gideon, he's a cool man and I also don't understand how they fell in love after an extremely short time...a week or so...that's bullshit. Looking at the kinky side of it, I don't complain but some more bdsm action would've been awesome. ( )
  Denicbt | Feb 5, 2018 |

Sylvia Dayprimary authorall editionscalculated
Redfield, JillNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
This one is for Dr. David Allen Goodwin.
My love and gratitude are boundless.
Thank you, Dave. You saved my life.
"We should head to a bar and celebrate."
(page 106)

I'M STILL THINKING ABOUT YOU.
GIDEON
(page 173)

NOON. MY OFFICE.
(page 174)

Sorry. Have plans.
(page 206)

THANK YOU, EVA. FOR EVERYTHING.
YOURS, G
(page 267)

In celebration of red dresses and limo rides.

LET'S DO THAT AGAIN. SOON.

In honor of black & white garden party dresses
and being dragged into libraries . . .

I'LL BE DRAGGING YOU TO THE
FLOOR IN A MINUTE . . .

Back Cover:

Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness-beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily...

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private wounds... and desires.

The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart...

Era guapo y genial, irregular y ardiente. Me sentía atraída hacia él como a nada ni a nadie en toda mi vida. Ansiaba su contacto como una droga, aun sabiendo que me debilitaría. Yo era imperfecta, estaba dañada y él abría esas grietas mías con tanta facilidad.… (more)

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Sylvia Day's book Bared to You: A Crossfire Novel was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Sylvia Day is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,503,700 books! | Top bar: Always visible