The Six-Gun Tarot

by R.S. Belcher

Series: Golgotha (1)

"Nevada, 1869: Beyond the pitiless 40-Mile Desert lies Golgotha, a cattle town that hides more than its share of unnatural secrets. The sheriff bears the mark of the noose around his neck; some say he is a dead man whose time has not yet come. His half-human deputy is kin to coyotes. The mayor guards a hoard of mythical treasures. A banker's wife belongs to a secret order of assassins. And a shady saloon owner, whose fingers are in everyone's business, may know more about the town's true origins than he's letting on. A haven for the blessed and the damned, Golgotha has known many strange events, but nothing like the primordial darkness stirring in the abandoned silver mine overlooking the town. Bleeding midnight, an ancient evil is spilling into the world, and unless the sheriff and his posse can saddle up in time, Golgotha will have seen its last dawn . . . and so will all of Creation. "--… (more)

I felt the author was trying to hard and was stuffing probably a half dozen books into one. I actually only got about 50-100 pages in before I gave up. The characters were also way too unbelievable or relatable. I can't read poor plot or characters. ( )
  pacbox | Jul 9, 2022 |
An interesting mix of characters. Working through it, it felt like it'd work well as a TV show a la american horror story. The mix of eastern and western mythologies and Lovecraft will probably get me to pick up the sequel, as well. ( )
  levan.matthew | Jul 17, 2021 |
I really enjoyed this book and can't wait to read the next one! I love the characters and the backdrop of Golgotha, and R.S. Belcher's storytelling is fantastic. I didn't love the angel plot line (it was just a little too disconnected for me in the larger scheme of things) and the switch between first names, last names, first names all within one section got really confusing at times. Overall, however, I was sucked in and look forward to reading more from R.S. Belcher! ( )
  bookishtexpat | May 21, 2020 |
Golgotha is an old western town with a paranormal twist. The land, the cemetery, the people all have back stories. They will all have to come together to stop the end of the world. Love the characters and back stories. ( )
  bgknighton | Sep 17, 2019 |
While I loved the set up of the town and the charicters there was so much going on, between the flipping between charicters and flashbacks, that it was like watching a TV that was rapidly flipping channels. That got a lot better in the last third of the book when thing really got moving. At that point it still caused me trouble in understanding how much time had passed and how long the final battle had been going. At the end when all the characters came together to fight it was so much fun to read though. It gave me enough attachment to the charicters and the town to want to try the next book. ( )
  Natix | Jun 3, 2019 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 179,831,962 books! | Top bar: Always visible