The Hunt for Atlantis (2007)

by Andy McDermott

Following in the tradition of Clive Cussler and Matthew Reilly, Andy McDermott takes us a roller-coaster ride in search of the legendary Atlantis. Archaeologist Nina Wilde believes she hasfound the location of the lost city of Atlantis andnow she wants the opportunityto prove her theory. Someone else though wants her dead! With the help of ex-SAS bodyguard Eddie Chase and beautiful heiress Kari Frost, Nina faces a breakneck race against time around the world, pursued at every step by agents of the mysterious and murderous Brotherhood of Selasphoros. From the jungles of Brazil to the mountains of Tibet, from the streets of Manhattan to the depths of the Atlantic Ocean, the hunt for Atlantis leads to a secret hidden for 11,000 years which in the wrong hands could destroy civilization as we know it...… (more)
mom (420)

English (30)  Italian (1)  Dutch (1)  All languages (32)
this was ok, it started interesting but plot twist was obvious from early on
  pzhorton4 | Nov 29, 2021 |
This book was okay, a quick escapist read. But seriously, I don't think the author could have written in one more explosion or killing. No buildings, vehicles, or characters would have been left. I'm not planning to seek other books by Andy McDermott. ( )
  tiasreads | Dec 11, 2019 |
A great adventure that keeps you on edge! My kind of book! I loved it! ( )
  Tricialenht | May 20, 2018 |
This review is written with a GPL 3.0 license and the rights contained therein shall supersede all TOS by any and all websites in regards to copying and sharing without proper authorization and permissions. Crossposted at Bookstooge.booklikes.blogspot.wordpress.leafmarks.com & Bookstooge's Reviews on the Road Facebook Group by Bookstooge's Exalted Permission. Title: The Hunt for Atlantis Series: Wilde & Chase Author: Andy McDermott Rating: 3 of 5 Stars Genre: Action/Adventure Pages: 546 Synopsis: Nina Wilde, orphaned child of Atlantis hunters, continues in her parents footsteps. With help from the Philanthropist Kristian Frost, Nina has a shot at actually finding Atlantis. But opposing her is Qobras and his Brotherhood. Being protected by Eddy Chase, Nina globetrots, tracking down one clue after another. My Thoughts: As much as I complain about some of the action/adventure books I read being too short, this was too long. It was fun, mediocre and pretty on par for how this month has gone. See how long this series lasts. " ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
DNF stopped at page 192. I like action but it was just too goofy. The characters tried to make everything into a joke. I guess it was suppose to be funny but it wasnt. I think it would have been alot better if the author didn't try to make a comedy out of everything. I had high hopes but it's not to be... ( )
  EmpressReece | Aug 22, 2016 |
For my family and friends
The sun had not yet risen above the Himalayan peaks, but Henry Wilde was already awake.

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Andy McDermott's book The Hunt for Atlantis was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Tantor Media

An edition of this book was published by Tantor Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,551,226 books! | Top bar: Always visible