The Eye of God by James Rollins

The Eye of God

by James Rollins

James Rollins is one of my favorite authors. When it comes to adventure books he is truly a marvelous writer and he writes books that you hardly can put down until you have finished it. This book is not an exception. All of my favorite characters are back; Crowe, Pierce, Monk, Kowalski, and of course, my absolute favorite Seichan. The world is in danger and they have to save it and doing it they cross the world looking for Genghis Khan's tomb. The pace is fast and the story intriguing, and the ending, well you have to read it yourself...I don’t want to spoil it for you...
  MaraBlaise | May 19, 2019 |
Listened to this on our way to a resort many hours away. Another solid adventure of Sigma Force saving the world. Not very believable, but full of lots of action and keeps you interested and awake while driving.

An experiment to help understand Dark Energy goes awry and it leads to a discovery from a 2000 year old prophecy about the end of the world. Sigma happens to be able to piece the clues together and travel the world to prevent an asteroid from becoming a meteor that would wipe out the planet with an extinction level event. ( )
  readafew | Aug 5, 2018 |
James Rollins is the action/adventure writer for 3 digit IQs! If you want an heroic escape that also requires fast-thinking and in-depth understanding of "who knows what high-tech/super-smart invention mixed with ancient knowledge or esoteric understanding" disaster this time. Then Rollins is your man. He creates a unique blend of the military brawn with an M.I.T. intellect and that makes for one page-turning thriller ride!

The Eye of God, pits the Sigma Force members against the cosmos, time, and the bad guys! If you want to keep up the pace have your physics mind set turned on and your history fresh in your memory banks! You will need both. Rollins does a great job of beginning in 3 totally disconnected and unrelated points not just on the globe but relative speaking of import as well. The future and past slam head long into saving the girl and saving the world, but in the end, is there really any difference in the two... ( )
  CassiMerten | Mar 27, 2018 |
What do you get if you combine "scientists with guns" and dark energy, Genghis Khan, St. Thomas, asteroids and meteors? Well, if you're James Rollins, you get one heck of a good story with some heartbreak at the end and a final, bittersweet and totally appropriate twist. This one makes for a terrific entry in the Sigma series! ( )
  jimgysin | Jun 19, 2017 |
James at his best! I must agree with the few reviewers that I've read. This gem is definitely at break-neck speed! Whew! The action! The science! The thought provoking prose!

Buy it! Read it! LOVE IT! ( )
  Deankut | Sep 26, 2016 |
To Dad
Who gave us the wings . . . and all the sky to fly high

Commander Gray Pierce and Sigma Force set out to discover a truth tied to the fall of the Roman Empire, to a mystery going back to the birth of Christianity, and to a weapon hidden for centuries that holds the fate of humanity.

James Rollins is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,661,602 books! | Top bar: Always visible