Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

The Princess (Contemporary Romance) by Lori…

The Princess (Contemporary Romance)

by Lori Wick

I've read this book so many times. The story is fully ingrained in my head but it continues to be one of my favorites so I'm going to keep on reading it over and over again. I'm not a religious person so I usually glaze over the religious parts of this book since it is technically a Christian fiction novel. Shelby is an adorable main character and I absolutely love the way the romance between the two of them blooms. ( )
  pennma05 | Jan 29, 2018 |
The imaginary setting was not plausibly written at all (as anyone with the least knowledge of modern monarchies could discern), but the love story itself was sweet. There's something about Lori Wick's novels - a kind of warmth, a wholesomeness - that appeals to me, even though the writing itself is not that great. ( )
  TheEditrix | Jan 13, 2016 |
This book came highly recommended to me and after reading it I can remember why I'm not such a fan of inspirational romance books.The premise is interesting enough: a widowed prince, Nick, must remarry soon due to weird laws and has his family arrange a marriage for him with Shelby who is not royalty. Shelby and Nick must learn to love each other and more importantly trust one another as various difficulties arise.This is supposed to be set in a modern kingdom but it is all so unrealistic -- the royal family tromps around to the mall, restaurants, etc. and no one even stops them or anything! Also, I know it's inspirational fiction, but even the religion was a little over the top. It was all a little too perfect. And one of the main problems in the book is the prince trying to convert an 8 year old. I mean, come on..Let's just say if I want to read something like this again, I'll stick to Janette Oke's books which are much more believable. ( )
1 vote mmillet | Dec 14, 2009 |
An arranged marriage into the royal family, learning to put self aside for the good of others, learning to trust another?this is where shelby finds herself.
  hgcslibrary | Nov 29, 2009 |
This book is on my list of favorites, and I would recommend it to anyone….especially those who are new to the dating or the relationship scene. It is very helpful and is a very enjoyable read.

Read more: http://christianfictionaddiction.com/book_reviews/princess.htm ( )
  Katie_543 | Apr 2, 2007 |
I wish to dedicate this book to a young woman
who resides deep within my heart,
Holly Short.
tender heart, sweet temperament,
and your love for the Lord.
I can't tell you what an
encouragement you are to me.
I hope this small word gives you some idea.
PROLOGUE

Henry, Wainwright
Pendaran

Pen in hand, Daria Parker bent over her personal journal, her eyes and mind intent. Unless she was very sleepy, she wrote in the leatherbound book every Saturday night. The entry for this day began:
    October 11, 1988
       Is there any way to describe my joy, Father? I am thankful
    beyond words for what You have done. Long have we prayed for
    Shelby, and in Your great mercy, You have now reached down
    and made her Yours.

Now with a new cover, Lori Wick’s bestselling contemporary love story The Princess (over 200,000 copies sold) will reach even more readers.

In the Land of Pendaran, Shelby Parker lives a humble but good life. Her special qualities are eventually noticed by the king and queen of the House of Markham, who seek a new wife for their widowed son, Prince Nikolai.

To uphold the tradition of their country, Shelby and Nikolai agree to an arranged marriage. But while Nikolai is a perfect gentleman in public, he remains distant at home, leaving Shelby to wonder what is in his heart. Will the prince ever love her as he did his first wife? Can the faith they share overcome the barriers between them?

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:55 -0400)

In the land of Pendaran, lively, affectionate Shelby Parker was born to a simple life--yet her mother, Daria, and those around her cannot help but notice the graces she possesses. Among those taking note of Shelby's ways are the king and queen of the House of Markham, who are seeking a new wife for their widowed son.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,475,703 books! | Top bar: Always visible