Bumface by Morris Gleitzman

Summary: This is a story about a boy named Angus who wants to be Bumface the pirate. Bumface is the main character in the stories Angus tells to his brother and sister. Angus' mom is an opera singer and she is always with different men. Angus gets tired of taking care of his brother and sister while his mom is out working or with men.

Personal Reaction: I think this book is considered contemporary fiction because the characters are all made up, but it could easily be turned into a biography. I think this story is very relatable for some children. I felt bad for Anus by the end of the story because he had to take care of his siblings since his parents wouldn't.

Classroom Extension Ideas:
1) We could do an activity with baby dolls and helping the kids' grown ups clean around the house
2) The kids could dress up and act like pirates, then make up their own stories and characters
  Bretny | Apr 29, 2015 |

A funny story about an 11-year-old who is left to look after his younger siblings. 10 yrs+

An edition of this book was published by Penguin Australia.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,934,864 books! | Top bar: Always visible