Raid by Kristen Ashley
14619115,884 (4.09)None

This series is proving to be a very gripping read. I loved this book especially. Ms Ashley knows how to write about uber alpha men and how they treat their women like the most precious things in the world. That is not to say that everything is always rainbows and roses, far from it... ( )
  Emmie217 | Jun 27, 2018 |
Very sweet and touching romance.

Hanna is defiantly not your typical heroine. She is a grown woman but her taste and thinking sometimes bordered on the more simplistic childish side. Regardless of that she loves her great-grandmother and takes care of her along with supporting herself in a different way.

Raid is a hard man on the inside but the man we see around Hanna is a very caring and loving. He’s been through a lot in his life and I thought the sweetness that was Hanna balanced him out.

The journey these two go on to falling in love and each making sacrifices to have and keep that love was beautifully written. The ending of the book was very emotional.
  CindySnS | Oct 26, 2016 |
I am torn on this one and while I loved the story I felt that this entire series is missing something.

I love me some Kristen Ashley and have read a lot of her books this series I feel like has all the macho men but for some reason the women aren't hitting it for me.

While reading this I fell in love with Grams BUT, in other series the funny person appeared more than about 5 times total and had a big part in the book. I could not get emotionally connected with the characters or the story. I will be trying out Deacon because I still think Kristen Ashley is the bomb-diggity.

Angel.Carter | Aug 11, 2016 |
Another amazing book by Kristen Ashley :) ( )
  crisana | Jun 2, 2016 |
I loved Hannah, the knitting and crocheting, slightly goofy heroine. And of course who would not love Raid, a muscular military badass of the alpha male variety. Another great story by Kristen Ashley. Hannah did remind me of Anya from Knight... and the whole Raid's reward thing was similar to Tack's absolution in Motorcycle Man. But this in no way affected my love for the story or characters. The bad thing about reading a KA book is trying to decide what to read next that won't pale in comparison.

Side note: a friend asked me if this could be read a standalone or if the first 2 books in the series needed to be read first. In my opinion, you need to read Knight and Creed first to get a clear picture of the players and background in this book. ( )
  Bambi_Unbridled | Mar 19, 2016 |

Hanna Boudreaux has lived in the small town of Willow all her life. When she realizes her crush for forever, Raiden Ulysses Miller, is not ever going to be hers, she decides to do something about it. Raiden Miller is the town's local hero, a former Marine with the medal-- but he came home shrouded in mystery. When Hanna catches his eye, the question is: why?… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,959,474 books! | Top bar: Always visible