The Purpose Driven Life (2002)

by Rick Warren

A groundbreaking manifesto on the meaning of life. The purpose-driven life will help you understand why you are alive and God's amazing plan for you -- both here and now, and for eternity. Rick Warren will guide you through a personal 40-day spiritual journey that will transform your answer to life's most important question: what on earth am I here for? Knowing God's purpose for creating you will reduce your stress, focus your energy, simplify your decisions, give meaning to your life, and, most importantly, prepare you for eternity. This recording offers a blueprint for Christian living in the 21st century -- a lifestyle based on God's eternal purposes, not cultural values. Using over 1,200 scriptural quotes and references, it challenges the conventional definitions of worship, fellowship, discipleship, ministry, and evangelism. In the tradition of Oswald Chambers, Rick Warren offers distilled wisdom on the essence of what life is all about. Full of hope and challenge, The purpose-driven life will be a classic treasured by generations to come.… (more)
Recently added byprivate library, amyotheramy, JGZuniga, MelindaEinander, cristoper, PeggyMartin, JoelBrigham, stbart
Legacy LibrariesJack Layton
    The Love Dare by Stephen Kendrick (jlynno84)
    The Blessing of Favor: Experiencing God's Supernatural Influence by Kate McVeigh (jlynno84)
    Messiah to the Messed Up - Because I'm a mess, you're a mess, and we all need a Messiah by Sue Ciullo (elbakerone)
    Living without a Goal: Finding the Freedom to Live a Creative and Innovative Life by James A. Ogilvy (bertilak)
    bertilak: These books contradict each other; you may not like both of them, but it is interesting to get different points of view.
    The reason-driven life : what am I here on earth for? by Robert M. Price (bertilak)

English (103)  Spanish (1)  Portuguese (1)  Portuguese (Brazil) (1)  German (1)  All languages (107)
The author explains his use of multiple translations and paraphrasing but it still put me off. I felt like he was making the verses fit his purpose rather than presenting them in context and according to their original meaning. It would have been nice to have in text citation for the verses instead of end notes, especially where he used heavy paraphrasing. My biggest problem with the book though is that he seemed to forget who his audience is: unbeliever or believer. Either way, the book is mental fluff. ( )
  SGTCat | Feb 25, 2021 |
Translated into over 50 languages, The Purpose Driven Life is far more than just a book; it is a guide to a spiritual journey that has transformed millions of lives. Once you take this journey, you'll never be the same again. This new, expanded edition of The Purpose Driven Life, created for a new generation of reader, includes: Video introductions by Rick Warren to chapters 1-42 and an audio Bible study at the end of each chapter, with over 30 additional hours of teaching by Rick Warren (accessible on http://purposedriven.com from links and QR codes at the beginning and end of each chapter). Two new bonus chapters on the most common barriers to living a purpose driven life. Access to an online community where you can discuss your journey to purpose, get feedback, and receive support. On your journey you'll find the answers to 3 of life's most important questions: The Question of Existence: Why am I alive? The Question of Significance: Does my life matter? and the Question of Purpose: What on earth am I here for? Transform your life. Start your journey today.
  Fellowshipwc | Aug 8, 2020 |
DISCO D: BACKUP / TEOLOGIA
VIDA CRISTIANA / INSPIRACIONAL
  abdiel91 | Jun 2, 2020 |
DISCO D: BACKUP / TEOLOGIA
AYUDAS PASTORALES / LIDERAZGO
  abdiel91 | May 17, 2020 |
Helps the reader focus on the reasons for existing being centered on serving God and spreading the word of Jesus and salvation through service and ministry. ( )
  LindaLeeJacobs | Feb 15, 2020 |
"This book is dedicated to you. Before you were born, God planned this moment in your life. It is no accident that you are holding this book. God longs for you to discover the life he created you to live-here on earth, and forever in eternity. 'It's in Christ that we find out who we are and what we are living for. Long before we first heard of Christ,...he had his eye on us, had designs on us for glorious living, part of the overall purpose he is working out in everything and everyone. Ephesians 1:2 (Msg)' I am grateful to the hundreds of writers and teachers, both classical and contemporary, who have shaped my life and helped me learn these truths. I thank God and you for the privilege of sharing them with you."
"This is more than a book; it is a guide to a 40-day spiritual journey that will enable you to discover the answer to life's most important question: What on earth am I here for?"
"For everything, absolutely everything, above and below, visible and invisible, ... everything got started in him and finds its purpose in him. Colossians 1:16 MSG"

A-2

Zondervan

3 editions of this book were published by Zondervan.

Editions: 0310205719, 0310276993, 0310255252

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 157,851,790 books! | Top bar: Always visible