Steeped in Evil

by Laura Childs

Series: Tea Shop Mysteries (15)

Indigo Tea Shop owner Theodosia Browning investigates after a body turns up in a wine barrel at a fancy wine-tasting party in South Carolina.

Took me ages to finish this I think due to my anxiety being elevated. ( )
  Stephen.Lawton | Aug 7, 2021 |
Theodosia and Drayton are in an adjoining county for a wine tasting when the body of the winery owner's son is found inside a barrel of wine. The sheriff of that county does not seem that interested in the investigation or that capable so Drayton's friends ask Theodosia to poke around. This mystery was just "okay." Although Tidwell does make an appearance, it is more like a cameo, and I really missed the interaction with him on this one. Most of the investigation is conducted in Charleston although a small part of the action takes place at Knighthall Plantation or between it and Charleston. Not the best in this series, but still okay. I hope the next installment returns Theodosia to Charleston so she is getting in the way of Detective Tidwell. ( )
  thornton37814 | May 16, 2017 |
Blanking out on the story but it was a very good book. ( )
  lhaines56 | Mar 2, 2016 |
Steeped In Evil is the fifteenth book in the A Tea Shop Mystery series.

I so enjoy stopping in to visit with Theodosia, Drayton and Haly at the Indigo Tea Shop and this was another enjoyable visit.

Drayton has asked Theo to join him at a wine tasting party at new boutique style winery, the Knighthall Winery. As everyone is gathered for the unveiling, the body of Drew Knight, the son of Jordan Knight owner of the winery, is found inside the barrel. Having heard of Theodosia's knack for solving murders, he asks Drayton if Theodosia would find out who had killed his son.

In the beginning of her investigation she zeros in on Pandora, Drew's stepmother, but she also finds out that Pandora has had dealings with Alex Burgoyne who maybe something short of an honest liquor distributor. In addition there is a Japanese importer who would like to take the wine being produced and import it to Japan. Also in the picture is Carl Van Deusen, a waiter who was working at the wine tasting. Van Deusen had been driving Drew's car and had been know to provide drugs in the past to Drew. Theo and Drayton now need to sort thru their findings who reasons and opportunity to want Drew dead.

Delaine Dish is back with her wonderful sense of humor and of Haly, chef and baker, is back to provide wonder meals at the Indigo Tea Shop.

Tea related links and recipes are included in the book.

Looking forward, as always, to the next book. ( )
  FredYoder | May 17, 2015 |
I have missed Laura Childs, and felt that her writing had become trite. The latest book in the Tea Shop Mysteries gave me many pleasurable moments as I am planning a trip to Charleston this year. I loved the talk of parties, neighborhoods, and South Carolinian life. I adore the mention of Haley's menus for the teas and afternoon meals and wish I could attend one of the events. I always feel that Theodosia has more of a relationship with Drayton, her partner, than her current boyfriend, Max. Drayton and Theo are always running off to solve a mystery. Reading this novel was an excellent remedy for the flu. ( )
  delphimo | Apr 25, 2014 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,122,525 books! | Top bar: Always visible