Sunset (Warriors: The New Prophecy, Book 6)

by Erin Hunter

Ending of series 2 in the Warriors series. Some of the story lines are ended but others open up here. The clans are adjusting to their new homes with the usual fights over borders and Two Legs interfering with the clans' lands. Leafpaw is getting many visions. Which are true? Which are hers? The prophecy comes true. But who is the traitor now? Does Leafpaw confront some of the others or not?

I like this series. I hope my questions get answered in series 3. I think I know the answers to my questions but I want confirmation of those answers. This is a good ending of series 2 and sets up series 3. Excellent world building. ( )
  Sheila1957 | Sep 26, 2018 |
A great book, as are all the Warriors Saga books. ( )
  Shadow494 | Jun 20, 2016 |
This book was about a prophecy that was given to the cats in a previous book in this series. In this book, the cats figure out what the prophecy means. I liked this story because the prophecy's meaning was very interesting. I would recommend this book to all cat lovers. ( )
  AmeliaB2 | Feb 25, 2016 |
.Amidst ongoing strife within and between the Clans of warrior cats, Brambleclaw is tempted by the dark plans of his father and brother, and the meaning of Leafpool's ominous visions becomes clear.
  Bookman1954 | Feb 17, 2015 |
Squirrelflight doesn't like Ashfur anymore, sadly, because the fight is over with Brambleclaw and they get back together. Brambleclaw still has trouble to see if he should still visit Tigerstar or stay loyal to his clan. Meanwhile, Tigerstar still goes and visits Hawkfrost and also goes to Twanypelt, Brambleclaw's sister and Hawkfrost's half-sister, but luckily she refuses and says she'll earn it by being loyal to her clan. Back at The Tribe of Rushing Water, Stormfur and Brook leave without saying why. They travel back to RiverClan, but Hawkfrost gets Stormfur angry and 'encourages' Stormfur to attack him. He does and gets banished, Brambleclaw witnessed all this and takes them to ThunderClan camp where Firestar says to stay as long as they want. Firestar, sadly, finally gives up and tell the clan that he has given up on Graystipe's return and that he'll pick a new deputy, which is Bramblclaw.
Leafpool is having a hard time with the death of Cinderpelt, she blames herself. At the half moon, Leafpool gets greeted in a dream by Spottedleaf. She tells Leafpool that Cinderpelt is reborn as Cinderkit, one of Sorreltail's kits. Leafpool overhears the fight that Mothwing and Hawkfrost had, and it turns out that Hawkforst had planted a moth wing outside Mudfur's den which mad him decide to take Mothwing as his apprentice. Hawkfrost threatens Mothwing to tell everyone if she didn't keep her jaws shut.
Fox traps have been set up all over ThunderClan territory and patrols have told to stay away. But Berrykit ran out of the camp and his tail got caught. Brambleclaw's patrol found him and realized that a ShadowClan patrol was watching Brerrykit suffering, but didn't do anything, which is against warrior code. They hurry him to Leafpool, but she knew that she couldn't do anything and had to get rid of hi tail altogether. Firestar gets caught and when Brambleclaw finds him he also finds Hawkfrost there as well, he was the one who set the trap. Hawkfrost tries to make Brambleclaw forget about Fierstar, let him die, and become the new leader of ThunderClan. But luckly Brambleclaw says no and frees Firestar. Hawkfrost gets mad and attacks Brambleclaw. They fought down by the river, Hawkfrost had Brambleclaw pinned and was about to make a death blow but Brambleclaw grabs the nail that holds the trap together and kills Hawkfrost. Brambleclaw thinks he's going to get banished but Firestar praises him. X3

I liked this one for all the same reasons I liked the other ones. It was exciting and shocking. I (once again) highly recommend that you as well read this book series. ( )
  JuliaW.G3 | May 30, 2014 |
To Rod Ritchie, who first figured out what really goes on beyond the garden fence...
Night lay heavily over the forest.

AR 5.5, 11 pts

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,222,682 books! | Top bar: Always visible