Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

Stay With Me

by J. Lynn

Series: Wait for You (3)

18919106,236 (4.02)35
"At 21, Calla hasn't done a lot of things. She's never been kissed, never seen the ocean, never gone to an amusement park. But growing up, she witnessed some things no child ever should. She still carries the physical and emotional scars of living with a strung-out mother, Mona--secrets she keeps from everyone, including her close circle of college friends. But the safe cocoon Calla has carefully built is shattered when she discovers her mom has stolen her college money and run up a huge credit card debt in her name. Now, Calla has to go back to the small town she thought shed left behind and clean up her mom's mess again. Of course, when she arrives at her mother's bar, Mona is nowhere to be found. Instead, six feet of hotness named Jackson James is pouring drinks and keeping the place humming. Sexy and intense, Jax is in Calla's business from they moment they meet, giving her a job and helping her search for Mona. And the way he looks at her makes it clear he wants to get horizontal. and maybe something more. Before Calla can let him get close, though, she's got to deal with the pain of the past--and some very bad guys out to mess her up if she doesn't give them her mom"--… (more)

English (19)  Italian (1)  All languages (20)
I love the covers in this series.. Something about the font choice and title placement (as well as the steamy picture, obviously) makes me very happy ♥ ( )
  RichlyWritten | Sep 23, 2019 |
  RichlyWritten | Sep 23, 2019 |
4.5 Stars

This was not my favorite so far, but I still loved it. I just never really bought into the relationship between Calla and Jax like I did with previous characters. Jax was still a great guy though. If you love a romance with good guys, this series is so far for you.

I did like the positive male roles in this story including the Uncle. It is rare to see males in a postive light sometimes in book series, so this was a nice add in.

The previous characters were also thrown in, but I almost wish they were not. Hear me out! I love them, but I feel they were just there to be there. So many serious things were happening, and they were just chilling at the bar or a hotel room. There is no way they would have been that calm around these events unfolding. I did like seeing and hearing about them, but I wish it was done in a different way.

The whole story you are set up to really be mad at Calla's Mom. However; the part at the end with her Mom was heartbreaking.

This does have triggers for drugs, drug abuse, and violence.

It may sound like I did not like this based on the review, but I really did. I just wanted to show why it was a little less than a 5 star for me. Overall, still loving the series! ( )
  SimplyKelina | May 5, 2019 |
Mijn volledige recensie is terug te vinden op:

Het leuke van deze serie is dat dat de stelletjes uit de eerdere boeken er ook in voor komen, en eventuele toekomstige stellen ook!
Je blijft zo meeleven met de anderen, herkent ze, terwijl ze niet de hoofdrol meer spelen.
Ik heb namelijk Val voor mij, deel 4, als eerste gelezen. Wat heel goed kan, maar het is leuker als je toch de boeken hebt gelezen.
Het mag duidelijk zijn: ik vind het een geweldig boek en een geweldige serie!
En aangezien ik deel 4 al gelezen heb, op naar deel 5 Kies voor mij
  LindaKwakernaat | Nov 29, 2018 |
While I am a little over the whole man whore meets virgin scenario, this was still good. The story was interesting and a little different that the previous books in the series. I liked the slightly darker turn-more dangerous. ( )
  thebookdisciple | Oct 9, 2018 |

Belongs to Series

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

J. Lynn's book Stay with Me was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 152,764,738 books! | Top bar: Always visible