Messenger of Fear by Michael Grant

Messenger of Fear

by Michael Grant

This book is a very good one. One of my favorite this book is about a young teenage girl named Mara as so she thinks. She wakes up in a grave yard and she cannot seem to find her memories what school she went to who she was. Then all of a sudden a boy ghost shaped appears beside her they go on many journeys trying to find out why she is here but also why Samantha early commited sucide. One conflict is when Mara finds out she has to be a messenger and she does not want to do she cannot tap into the power which is to able to hold memories and read peoples minds. I suggest you read this book if you like scary and action. Prob seems more for adult it does also contain bad language so it’s not for kids. ( )
  Julian98 | Mar 30, 2018 |
This book is marketed weird, not what I expected, mildly confusing, and (I'm pretty sure) Grant's attempt to prove that the word 'taciturn' should be used in as much YA literature as possible. ( )
  s.pando | Nov 4, 2016 |
  s.pando | Nov 4, 2016 |
I received an ARC of this book from Epic Reads in exchange for an honest review.

Wow! Seriously? Did I really just read such an amazing book.

Definitely a book you cannot put down. The stream of consciousness writing style and non-stop suspense made it a quick read.

I hate books where the author doesn't explain anything in an attempt to capture your interest, but instead leaves you disengaged and confused. This book was nothing like that. It contained the perfect balance of suspense and knowledge as the author feed the reader little bits of facts along the way that were just enough to keep the reader wanting more. The ending twist was a little predictable as it seemed inevitable, but overall this was a perfect book. Absolutely stunning. ( )
  CareBear36 | Mar 26, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0062207407, Hardcover)

Mara wakes in a field of dead grass, a heavy mist pressing down on her. She is terrified, afraid that she is dead.

There is a boy in that mist, a beautiful young man dressed in black and able to move effortlessly through space and time. He is the Messenger of Fear.

The Messenger sees the darkness in human hearts. He sees the evils done: the destructive lies, the cruelty, the bullying, the violence. And if the world does not bring justice to those who do evil, the Messenger will. He offers the wicked a game. If they win, they go free. If they lose, they will live their greatest fear. Either way, their sanity will be challenged.

It is a world of fair but harsh justice. Of retribution and redemption. And mystery. Why was Mara chosen to be the Messenger's apprentice? What has she done to deserve this terrible fate? She won't find out until three of the wicked receive justice. And when she does, she will be shattered.

Told through compelling stories that are masterfully intertwined, Messenger of Fear is about the terrible choices that people make in life. Michael Grant, author of the New York Times bestselling Gone series, has created a powerful and brilliant narrative that examines the nature of good and evil in every human.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:25:49 -0400)

The Messenger of Fear brings justice to those who do wrong, creating frightening games where the players earn their redemption--or lose their sanity--and somehow Mara, fifteen, has become his apprentice.

Michael Grant is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,759,262 books! | Top bar: Always visible