Messenger of Fear

by Michael Grant

Series: Messenger of Fear (1)

The Messenger of Fear brings justice to those who do wrong, creating frightening games where the players earn their redemption--or lose their sanity--and somehow Mara, fifteen, has become his apprentice.

Messenger of Fear is a chilling and thrilling tale about justice and wickedness. It's exciting plot captivates interest quickly, and the complicated words make the story scarier and more poetic. I am not a big fan of thriller books, but this novel is my favorite. I will never tire of reading about the challenges Mara and Messenger face. Each chapter ends in a cliffhanger which leaves you begging for more. Messenger of Fear will give you chill after chill while you read about the ways justice is served to those who are wicked. Even after finishing the book, so many questions haunt you, and you know they'll never get answered. In closing, Messenger of Fear is definitely a must read, but it is not recommended for younger audiences and non-horror lovers. ( )
  Joie04 | Jul 30, 2020 |
This book is a very good one. One of my favorite this book is about a young teenage girl named Mara as so she thinks. She wakes up in a grave yard and she cannot seem to find her memories what school she went to who she was. Then all of a sudden a boy ghost shaped appears beside her they go on many journeys trying to find out why she is here but also why Samantha early commited sucide. One conflict is when Mara finds out she has to be a messenger and she does not want to do she cannot tap into the power which is to able to hold memories and read peoples minds. I suggest you read this book if you like scary and action. Prob seems more for adult it does also contain bad language so it’s not for kids. ( )
  Julian98 | Mar 30, 2018 |
This book is marketed weird, not what I expected, mildly confusing, and (I'm pretty sure) Grant's attempt to prove that the word 'taciturn' should be used in as much YA literature as possible. ( )
  s.pando | Nov 4, 2016 |
  s.pando | Nov 4, 2016 |
I received an ARC of this book from Epic Reads in exchange for an honest review.

Wow! Seriously? Did I really just read such an amazing book.

Definitely a book you cannot put down. The stream of consciousness writing style and non-stop suspense made it a quick read.

I hate books where the author doesn't explain anything in an attempt to capture your interest, but instead leaves you disengaged and confused. This book was nothing like that. It contained the perfect balance of suspense and knowledge as the author feed the reader little bits of facts along the way that were just enough to keep the reader wanting more. The ending twist was a little predictable as it seemed inevitable, but overall this was a perfect book. Absolutely stunning. ( )
  CareBear36 | Mar 26, 2015 |

Belongs to Series

Michael Grant is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 157,892,944 books! | Top bar: Always visible