Half Wild by Sally Green

I was surprised how quickly I read this book. It is captivating, hooking me right from the start. I cannot wait book 3! ( )
  dms12880 | Nov 29, 2018 |
Pretty good. Very similar prose and style to the Half Bad, so if you liked that you're ok. Nathan is getting into and out of trouble again as he helps fight back against the institutionalized prejudice against different witches.

This one feels a bit faster paced, probably because of all of the exposition and world building that went into the novel. This is a strong sequal to Half Bad and an ok addition to Urban YA Fantasy. ( )
  Vulco1 | Oct 12, 2018 |
Liked this more than the first one. I thought it moved better and the characters were more interesting this time around. ( )
  jeninmotion | Sep 24, 2018 |
I really liked it!!!! i will post a full review soon! ( )
  Nicole365 | May 12, 2018 |
First things first: This book was so much better than the first one. There was a ton more action (though quite a bit of it was planning scenes).

The writing style, especially around the dialogue scenes, was a bit rough (lots of "I say to her"s, "she said"s, etc...) and was in desperate need of polishing. That being said, it wasn't terrible. Some writing passages got a bit annoying as well, mainly the bits about Nathan and Marcus always feeling/needing to be separate from other people and constant descriptions of the "animal" aspects of these two characters.

The characters themselves are rather entertaining. Nesbitt is snarky and I really enjoy his scenes. Gabriel is also enjoyable and I feel slightly bad for him falling for Nathan when he (Nathan) is the way he is. Van is enjoyable as well, though we don't get to see much of her. Nathan gets kind of annoying and narrow-sighted when it comes to things he wants and feels, same for Marcus. Annalise is kind of annoying and I don't really care much for her.

The last little section of this book was the best by far because I feel like things really sped up (in a good way) and the characters were finally throwing down instead of just talking about it. That "event" in the last first-person point of of view chapter really threw me for a loop and solidified my feelings towards a certain character.

The last couple pages (the ones that return to the second person point of view- "you") really gave me chills and pumped me up for the final book in this trilogy. Thumbs up for Sally Green. ( )
  Moore31 | Feb 25, 2018 |

"You will have a powerful Gift, but it’s how you use it that will show you to be good or bad."

In a modern-day England where two warring factions of witches live amongst humans, seventeen-year-old Nathan is an abomination, the illegitimate son of the world's most powerful and violent witch. Nathan is hunted from all sides: nowhere is safe and no one can be trusted. Now, Nathan has come into his own unique magical Gift, and he's on the run--but the Hunters are close behind, and they will stop at nothing until they have captured Nathan and destroyed his father.

In a modern-day England where two warring factions of witches live amongst humans, seventeen-year-old Nathan has come into his own unique magical Gift, but he is on the run with the Hunters close behind, and they will stop at nothing until they have captured Nathan and destroyed his father.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,758,525 books! | Top bar: Always visible