The Shotgun Arcana

by R.S. Belcher

Series: Golgotha (2)

"R. S. Belcher's debut novel, The Six-Gun Tarot, was enthusiastically greeted by critics and readers, who praised its wildly inventive mixture of dark fantasy, steampunk, and the Wild West. Now Belcher returns to Golgotha, Nevada, a bustling frontier town that hides more than its fair share of unnatural secrets. 1870. A haven for the blessed and the damned, including a fallen angel, a mad scientist, a pirate queen, and a deputy who is kin to coyotes, Golgotha has come through many nightmarish trials, but now an army of thirty-two outlaws, lunatics, serial killers, and cannibals are converging on the town, drawn by a grisly relic that dates back to the Donner Party...and the dawn of humanity. Sheriff Jon Highfather and his deputies already have their hands full dealing with train robbers, a mysterious series of brutal murders, and the usual outbreaks of weirdness. But with thirty-two of the most vicious killers on Earth riding into Golgotha in just a few day's time, the town and its people will be tested as never before--and some of them will never be the same. The Shotgun Arcana is even more spectacularly ambitious and imaginative than The Six-Gun Tarot, and confirms R. S. Belcher's status as a rising star"--… (more)

Mr Belcher starts out slow, but he winds up fast and before you know it, you're being carried along in an insane blend of steampunk, fantasy, theology, and good ol' Western grit. It was a hell of a ride and I enjoyed it immensely. ( )
  TinkerBot | Feb 8, 2022 |
The Shotgun Arcana (Golgatha)
By R.S. Belcher
Top notch western horror, and book 2 in the series. Read them in order. A very alternative history with various creatures, spirits, angels, gods, myths, and human monsters centered around the town of Golgotha. We have the same great characters from book one but added a few more to our great crew.
I really love the variety and their various backgrounds.
This is action packed, A bit gory at times, it is a horror novel and has horrible experiences in it, but it also has wit and a touch of humor sprinkled here and there.
Ending was great and can't wait to follow the series! ( )
  MontzaleeW | Nov 6, 2021 |
I loved The Shotgun Arcana, more than The Six Gun-Tarot. R.S. Belcher comes back with another novel of fantastic characters, supernatural super strange creatures, and so many layers of twisted plot. The writing is dark and disturbing at times and made me laugh out loud at other times. My biggest complaint is that there are so few strong female characters - I was really excited to see Kate and Rowan introduced, and Maude is just amazing, but I wanted more of them in the story. Overall, another great one by Belcher. ( )
  bookishtexpat | May 21, 2020 |
Another strong entry. I would not live in this town as would quickly become one of the casualties. ( )
  bgknighton | Sep 30, 2019 |
Blew me away, it was soooo good! I think I enjoyed it even more than the first book in the series. Mr. Belcher is an excellent writer and the reader can't help but get drawn in and swept along. Very original and creative. Can't wait for the next book in the series to see what happens next! ( )
  LongDogMom | Oct 18, 2016 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 179,832,592 books! | Top bar: Always visible