Thirteen Weddings by Paige Toon

Thirteen Weddings

by Paige Toon

I received a copy of Thirteen Weddings by Paige Toon in exchange for an honest review.

Bronte and Alex have a one night stand to get over their grief of their failed relationships and that's it. Or so Bronte thinks - Alex shows up at her office one day as a new employee and Bronte finds that she never got over that one night that they spent together, except that Alex has gotten engaged to the girl he was on a break from on that one night. Bronte has to move on and tries her best, except Alex is giving her mixed signals and she immerses herself with a part time job as a wedding photographer. As Alex's wedding date gets closer Bronte gets more and more confused trying to figure out if she should move on or fight for her love. I loved Bronte but I could not help but be infuriated by Alex's indecision. Bronte's confusion and heartbreak as a result of her inability to let the "dream" of the perfect love she thought she felt for Alex was so sad. It was good that she has good friends to talk to, but it did not help that Alex seemingly infiltrates the group. I altogether loved this book and actually enjoyed feeling some indignation on Bronte's behalf. The author is talented for sure and did an excellent job telling the story.
  karmakath | Sep 8, 2014 |

karmaforlifechick | Aug 17, 2014 |

Louie has finished with her old life, and stepped into a world of sinners. For her, things are not going to be the same again. This darkly funny, disturbing novel explores a lawless world where morality is a nuisance, everything can be bought, and the prices paid are high.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,727,840 books! | Top bar: Always visible