Marrow by Tarryn Fisher

Marrow

by Tarryn Fisher

In the Bone there is a house. In the house there is a girl. In the girl there is a darkness. Margo is not like other girls. She lives in a derelict neighborhood called the Bone, in a cursed house, with her cursed mother, who hasn't spoken to her in over two years. She lives her days feeling invisible. It's not until she develops a friendship with her wheelchair-bound neighbor, Judah Grant, that things begin to change.… (more)

3.75 While I loved the way the author delivered the story and it’s gritty and dark subject matter, I wasn’t a fan of how the “twist” was executed. I feel that it wasn’t fully fleshed out as it should have been in order to make the story work a bit more seamlessly. Still a good read overall. ( )
  Jonez | Oct 24, 2019 |
Baby, I'm crazy...

Marrow is the lovechild of Jeff Lindsay's Dexter series and Gillian Flynn's Sharp Objects.

This book is messy, dark, and twisted. It is the kind of book that disturbs your soul. Tarryn Fisher's writing, as always, reaches into the furthest corners of your mind, the places you want to hide from everyone.

4/5. ( )
  michelletmorris | Mar 13, 2018 |
There were times I struggled to understand what was going on in the story, things just didn't add up. I did fall in love with Margo though, and even if she was breaking the law with what she was doing I completely understood why she did it, and felt that if I were in her shoes I would have wanted to do the same thing.

Find my full review here http://bookreviewsbychrissyb.blogspot.com/2017/09/marrow-by-tarryn-fisher.html ( )
  CMBUSICK | Aug 29, 2017 |
I have no idea how to deal with what I just read. I need time to process before I write a review. I just... My head is spinning. ( )
  leahlo89 | Nov 2, 2016 |
Sometimes you just need something different. No sappy romances with a happily ever after. This is not a romance book. It’s a book about a woman who by the time she hits 19 has had enough of the crappy cards she was dealt in life and sick of the child abusers, killers and rapist out there that she decides to take justice into her own hands.

**Slight spoilers**

We follow Margo Moon’s life from early childhood. Her mother came from a mother that tried to kill her and even though her own mother didn’t try to kill her she certainly wasn’t a good one and in the end became a prostitute that ignored her daughter and gave her no love or nourishment. For the 3/4s of this book the author has us believing everything we are being told via Margo’s POV. Where the majority of what were reading does happen there is a huge revealing that messes with your mind and has you looking at things differently from that point and even questioning your own sanity as to what’s real and what isn’t. As with her previous book Mud Vein she defiantly takes you on a mind bend by the time you finish it.
  CindySnS | Oct 26, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,723,637 books! | Top bar: Always visible