Viper Game (Game/Ghostwalker) by Christine…

Viper Game (Game/Ghostwalker)

by Christine Feehan

121999,547 (3.63)1

I love all of the Ghostwalker books. They are some of my favorites. This one was not quite as good as some of the others because so much time was spent in the middle of the book going over the same ground repeatedly. Some of the dialogue is even repeated as if the reader can't remember it having already been said. The story, though, is excellent, and the story opens up the focus for new characters and new stories that I can hardly wait to read. ( )
  Mrslabraden | Jun 28, 2017 |
From Amazon:

GhostWalker Wyatt Fontenot knows the price he paid for the secret military experiments that gave him his special catlike abilities. After all, he left his home a healer and came back a killer. While Wyatt and his GhostWalker brother Gator may have known exactly the sort of game they were getting into, Wyatt never anticipated where it would lead - or to whom.
The swamps hold many mysteries, but few are as sinuously seductive as Le Poivre de Cayenne. The woman the locals call Pepper is every bit as enigmatic as the three little girls she's desperately trying to protect. From what, Wyatt is soon to discover. Right now Pepper needs a man like Wyatt. Passionately. But her secrets are about to take them both deeper into the bayou than either imagined-where desire is the deadliest poison of all.

My Thoughts:
I have read this series and Feehan's "Dark" series since the day they began. This series is beginning to take on the same problems as the "Dark" series...just not enough new story line. This story has great potential, and what story there is was great. Unfortunately, this book is about 10% story line, and 90% not so imaginative, and SO repetitive, sex scenes of the filler variety to stretch a short story into a full length book. I understand that these books were never great literature...but they were enjoyable. Now her books are becoming interchangeable and mostly boring.
  Carol420 | May 31, 2016 |
Returning home with a guilt conciense and heavy heart, the hero finds his beloved grandmother held at knife point by a petite woman and a small baby. The baby, no more than a year old but genetically altered to be extremely vemonous as well as intelligent and when she leaps to bite the hero in self defense, the heroine takes the attack, She immediately falls severly ill despite she herself being genetically alerted as a ghostwalker and having a taulorence for the posin. She's also been inhanced with the seduction of men in mind. Her skin, her voice and her very being is made to seduce men for missions but she's never allowed herself to be used that way. She fights her urges daily and denys the medicine the hero tries to give her for her suffering because it will lower her shields and make her a sex object against her wishes. But the hero, despite being very aware of her unnatural allure, finds the woman herself to be absolutely stunning and sexy as is and makes no secret of the fact that he wants her for himself. Nevermind the fact that, unaware to both of them, the heroine's egg and hero's sperm were used to create the 3 small girls the heroine escaped from the facility. With the fact that the posionious little girl is his own child, he instantly knows that they are to be a family. Now, this story is listed under s Paranormal Suspense Romance yet it has absolutely NO suspense in it. In fact it is the furthest thing from a suspense novel you can get. The entire first half of the book is spent in the grandmothers house in the bayou swamp with the heroine suffering from the posion. That's it. They talk about everything over and over again and it drones on so much that it was a challenge to get through. Then it picks up after halfway but only with the change in setting where the hero takes the heroine shopping and they freak in the cabin. I had to laugh at the fact that the very second the heroine is feeling better, they have sex about 14 times in one sitting. But nothing exciting happens until much later when they break into the compound to get the 2 other children. That was another thing I really didn't like about this book. The entire thing is spent telling the reader how special these little girls are, how much they suffer and if the heroine doesn't go back for them they will be killed. Yet it takes the heroine and hero 240 pages to mount a rescue. This is with 6 super soldiers on their side!! The whole story is centred around those small baby girls and yet no one actually goes to rescue them until end of the book. That being said, I didn't mind this book. I liked the heroine with her curse of sexuality but complete childlike ignorance to shopping, talking to people and what to do after sex. I liked the hero though he was a little bit too possessive and controlling. That accent though! I love when the author can capture certain accents just by taking out the 'g's in the words and putting a little bit of slang on the conversation. This was a decent book but it is NOT a romantic suspense novel. So if that's your thing, skip this book. ( )
  Eden00 | May 14, 2016 |
This series could be great if only the heroines stopped being so helpless! I love the story line and the idea behind this series but I can't help but feel that as the series progresses the women get soppier and more useless.
If they have been raised from birth / early childhood to be merciless killers and soldiers how come they seem to lack even basic survival skills and constantly need to be rescued? And since they seem to be aware of how they have been influenced why are they all so disbelieving that they are (once again) being manipulated?
Just once I'd love to see one of these girls kick arse without falling to pieces with guilt (boo hoo I've just done what I was trained to do, to a bad guy who was trying to kill me; now I will beat myself up about it).
Let the guy fall apart - he's only been doing this a few years; they have been trained their whole life.

Having got my rant out of the way this was better than a couple of other books in this series. 3 & 1/2 stars ( )
  SashaM | Apr 20, 2016 |
I was supposed to be reading another book and it wasn't holding my attention. These are interesting with their enhancements and psychic abilities. Triplet viper girls, don't envy him when they are teens! ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Feb 7, 2016 |
The GhostWalker Creed
We are the GhostWalkers, we live in the shadows
The sea, the earth, and the air are our domain
No called comrade will be left behind
We are loyalty and honor bound
We are invisible to our enemies
and we destroy them where we find them
We believe in justice and we protect our country
and those unable to protect themselves
What goes unseen, unheard, and unknown
are GhostWalkers
There is honor in the shadows and it is us
We move in complete silence whether
in jungle or desert
We walk among our enemy unseen and unheard
Striking without sound and scatter to the winds
before they have knowledge of our existence
We gather information and wait with endless patience
for that perfect moment to deliver swift justice
We are both merciful and merciless
We are relentless and implacable in our resolve
We are the GhostWalkers and the night is ours
For my daughter Manda, and not because
she gave birth to Shylah, which she did,
along with Skyler, both girls being the joy in
my life, but because
Manda always makes me
proud, makes me laugh and I can count on
her no matter what. Much love!
Wyatt Fontenot tied up his airboat, but stood in it in the dark, listening to the familiar sounds of the bayou.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0515155543, Mass Market Paperback)

Hailed as "the queen of paranormal romance" by J.R. Ward, #1 New York Times bestselling author “Christine Feehan continues to amaze readers” (The Eternal Night) with her phenomenal novels. Now, from the author of the Dark Carpathian series, comes the newest in Christine Feehan's explosive GhostWalker series…

GhostWalker Wyatt Fontenot knows the price he paid for the secret military experiments that gave him his special catlike abilities. After all, he left his bayou home a healer and came back a killer. While Wyatt and his GhostWalker brother Gator may have known exactly the sort of game they were getting into, Wyatt never anticipated where it would lead—or to whom.

The swamps hold many mysteries, but few are as sinuously seductive as Le Poivre de Cayenne. The woman the locals call Pepper is every bit as enigmatic as the three little girls she’s desperately trying to protect. From what, Wyatt is soon to discover. Right now Pepper needs a man like Wyatt. Passionately. But her secrets are about to take them both deeper into the bayou than either imagined—where desire is the deadliest poison of all.

NEVER BEFORE PUBLISHED

INCLUDES A BONUS EXCERPT FROM CHRISTINE FEEHAN’S GHOSTWALKER NOVEL, NIGHT GAME

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:14:48 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,075,704 books! | Top bar: Always visible