Moses the Kitten (1984)

by James Herriot

Series: James Herriot picture books

A bedraggled orphaned kitten is nursed back to health on a Yorkshire farm and when he recovers turns out to have a very unusual idea about the identity of his mother.

A tiny, bedraggled kitty is found tucked beside a frozen pond, and nursed back to health on a nearby farm. But when he is fit enough to join the other animals, he turns out to have a very unusual idea of who his mother is.
  PlumfieldCH | Dec 6, 2023 |
Certainly cute and cuddly enough, but something about it just didn't do a whole lot for me. Sorry I can't say why - I just can't put my finger on it. I have read the four All Things..." books and enjoyed them - about 30 years ago. " ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
Rated: B+ ( )
  jmcdbooks | Jan 28, 2013 |
A kitten who is sick. Farmers wife nurses him back to health. Believes the Mother Pig is his mother. ( )
  gtary | Sep 12, 2011 |
Moses the kitten is found by James Herriot and brought to a neighboring farm. He finds a family in the newly born piglets and their mother the sow. A heart-warming story about finding one's place in life. I love the James Herriot books for adults, and it was fun to find that some of his stories have been broken down for young readers. This would be a great story to share when talking about adoption, or accepting others that are different.
  coresonk | Dec 5, 2009 |

James Herriotprimary authorall editionscalculated
Barret, PeterIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,319,526 books! | Top bar: Always visible