How to Travel the World on $50 a Day: Revised: Travel Cheaper, Longer,…

by Matt Kepnes

623342,182 (4)1
For over half a decade, Matt Kepnes (aka Nomadic Matt) has used his massively popular travel blog to teach readers how to travel the world on the cheap. Arguing that traditional travel media lies, Matt cuts through the myth that travel is expensive. In the new edition of How to Travel the World on $50 a Day, Matt reveals the tips, tricks, and secrets to comfortable budget travel that you won't find anywhere else with over 100 new pages of updated content. Traditional media shows you expensive hotels, resorts, cruises, and packages because that's what makes them money. They make you believe you have to spend money on travel. This book will show you why that is a lie and how to use the system against itself to gain free flights, hotel rooms, find alternative accommodation, get into attractions for free, websites to find the best deals, and as well as detailed costs and saving tips for destinations around the world.… (more)

This book was so informative and incredibly helpful! I have already started using some of the tips that I have learned from this book and applying them to a trip I am taking this summer. I will probably even bring this book along with me over the summer as well. ( )
  Completely_Melanie | Sep 10, 2021 |
This book is a good place to start in planning a trip, particularly for setting a budget for lodging and travel. I prefer to read his blog and Facebook articles as they are specific to traveling in certain areas. ( )
  kerryp | Nov 30, 2017 |
Primarily geared at young (20-something) single people without a career or family or other responsibilities to worry about, who could easily leave a job and travel for an indefinite period of time. Some general advice about credit cards, travel insurance, and recommendations for a variety of websites to find flights that other people can use, too, but overall not too much earth-shattering information or inspiration. I got a bit tired of all of the author's comments like "I never knew I'd learn to scuba dive in Fiji" etc. etc. The author has made a business out of traveling, which is great for him, but it prevents him from having the perspective of a normal person. ( )
1 vote nicole_a_davis | Apr 4, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,453,462 books! | Top bar: Always visible