Rising Strong by Brené Brown

Rising Strong

by Brené Brown

I was inspired to read this after listening to a talk by Brene Brown that was more or less a summarized version of this book. I found a lot of useful, pratical advice here on dealing with difficult emotions. However, I felt like I was left with some questions, particularly around the rumbling stage of the process. I also wasn't entirely clear on vulnerability, but perhaps that requires reading a different book. I appreciated how Brown summarized the key findings from her previous books, which I have not read, at the end to provide some context. ( )
  sturlington | Nov 1, 2018 |
Découvrez à travers ce livre le point commun entre les couples qui entretiennent une relation solide, les parents qui tissent des liens profonds avec leurs enfants et ces diregeants qui inspirent la confiance
  ACParakou | Oct 22, 2018 |
I dont like the book as the author Brene Brown keeps talking about herself. I prefer more compelling examples of other people. Not interested in reading in a half-biography.

I also don't like Brown's incoherent style of writing. She seems to jump from one topic to another in a heartbeat.

Also, I don't really like the fact that she talks down to people and tells us what is integrity. what is sympathy as though she is the only one who know what they meant. She likes to define everything from integrity to shame as if she knows everything about each word.

Brene also shame someone called Pamela with her real name with correct no of syllable. She claimed that she did not email the company because she did not want to shame Pamela but she did worst by writing on a book and letting even more people read them. ( )
  Jason.Ong.Wicky | Oct 9, 2018 |
This is quite simply and profoundly the way I want to walk through the world, and the way I want others to walk through the world. Society-changing. ( )
  koharteh | Sep 19, 2018 |
There is very practical advice on dealing with uncomfortable emotions, especially those surrounding a sense of shame when we fail. One of the big points I took away is to capture the story I'm telling myself about my fall by writing an unedited first draft of that story. It is the story we "make up" and believe at the time. Being willing to do that will allow me an opening to be curious about the reality of that story and look for what is going on with me. The author gives many examples of stories from her own life and the lives of others who were willing to share them. I found these examples of the process very helpful. I found the book enjoyable to read as well. ( )
  ajlewis2 | Jul 11, 2018 |

Brené Brownprimary authorall editionscalculated
Beusekom, Bonella vanTranslatormain authorsome editionsconfirmed
Aan de dapperen en de mensen met een gebroken hart
die ons leerden opstaan na een val.
Jullie moed is aanstekelijk.
Aan de dapperen en de mensen met een gebroken hart
die ons leerden opstaan na een val.
Jullie moed is aanstekelijk.
Toen ik in de jaren negentig met mijn studie maatschappelijk werk begon, werd er binnen de beroepsgroep een polariserend debat gevoerd over de aard van kennis en waarheid.
Hurt doesn't go away just because we don't acknowledge it.

The physics of vulnerability is simple: If we are brave enough often enough, we will fall. The author of the #1 New York Times bestsellers Daring Greatly and The Gifts of Imperfection tells us what it takes to get back up, and how owning our stories of disappointment, failure, and heartbreak gives us the power to write a daring new ending. Struggle, Brené Brown writes, can be our greatest call to courage, and rising strong our clearest path to deeper meaning, wisdom, and hope.

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 14 Apr 2015 01:16:05 -0400)

"The physics of vulnerability is simple: If we are brave enough often enough, we will fall. The author of the #1 New York Times bestsellers Daring Greatly and The Gifts of Imperfection tells us what it takes to get back up, and how owning our stories of disappointment, failure, and heartbreak gives us the power to write a daring new ending. Struggle, Brene Brown writes, can be our greatest call to courage, and rising strong our clearest path to a wholehearted life"--… (more)

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Brené Brown's book Rising Strong was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,421,569 books! | Top bar: Always visible