Rescuing the Bad Boy

by Jessica Lemmon

"For Donovan Pate, the lake town of Evergreen Cove is a minefield of tough memories--including the day he had to let go of Sofie Martin. Years later he still can't forget the taste of her lips and the feel of her killer curves. He knows he's too damaged, that he should stay away for her own good. But what the head says and the heart wants are two very different things"--Page 4 of cover.… (more)

:) ( )
  Janicemo | Aug 19, 2018 |
Loved! This! Book! The story is incredible and the writing is spectacular! Rarely can an author make me loathe a character so quickly and have me love him so deeply at the end. Donovan who appears to be the baddest of bad boys turns out to be one of the most loving and caring men around. Now Sofie just needs him to believe it. This is a great read and everyone needs it on the must read list. I highly recommend it. ( )
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |
Review Link: http://wp.me/p5aHOQ-CK

Since I was introduced to my first Second Chance bad boy, Jessica Lemmon has been a go to favorite of mine for delicious heroes and toe curling romance and this one was no different. Rescuing the Bad Boy is the heartbreaking, heartwarming story of a second chance romance between Sofie and the bad boy who broke her heart.

I have wanted to read Sofie and Donovan’s story since their introduction in Bringing Home the Bad Boy. I was so excited to realize their book would be next and practically gobbled it up in one sitting.
Donny came back to Evergreen Cove after the death of his grandmother to sell his inheritance and quickly return to his life as a stone mason in New York City. When he realized the mansion he was willed by his grandmother is needed for his ex-lover’s charity event, he puts his plans on hold to help the woman he’s always regretted hurting all those years ago.

I had mixed emotions for Donny at first. On the one hand, I love a protective, dominant bad boy that isn’t subtle about his over protective nature. On the other hand, there is nothing more irritating than an alpha-male who excuses asshole behavior as “doing what’s best” for the woman he cares about. Yeah yeah, I’m contradicting myself but that sort of high-handed behavior grates on my nerves because it’s just so insulting! Let’s just say there are personality traits of alpha males that I looove and I hate.

Fortunately, as the book continues we are allowed glimpses into Donny’s psyche that melts my irritation into “awwhhh let me give you hugs and kisses” feelings. Donny has some fierce self-image issues stemming from his painful past in Evergreen Cove so it’s really difficult to blame the man for thinking he isn’t good enough for his warm-hearted Scampi.

Sofie and Donny’s story was both a deliciously sexy romance and a heart wringer. I recommend Rescuing the Bad Boy to lovers of smokin’ hawt contemporary romance – but be warned and bring a box of tissues! You’ll need them! ( )
  One_Curvy_Blogger | Oct 19, 2015 |
What a great read! I laughed, teared up, shivered, and was engaged from page one till the very end.

There's a tortured past for this bad boy and his heroine, and decisions made that cause even more heartache. But when he's forced to come back in town and deal with the death of his grandmother, Sofie gives him the fight of his life, while at the same time breaking every barrier he had protecting his heart.

I fell in love with nearly every first and secondary character in this book, and found times that I really didn't want it to end. It's definitely a steamy story, yet sweet to a point that your heart aches. Five stars for a damn good job! ( )
  Deserie.Comfort | Jul 26, 2015 |
First of all, I hated the nickname, Scampi. I know it was supposed to be cute, but to me it was annoying. Other than that, I really enjoyed the book. Donavan started out as a real a**hole and there were definitely a few times I wanted to smack him upside the head. Thankfully we had Sophie to balance him out a bit. I had read the first book and didn't know it was a spin-off until I was reading the party scene in this one and names kept popping up that I had no idea who they were. Guess that means more books were just added to my TBR pile. Looking forward to Connor and Faith. ( )
  amdrane2 | Jun 9, 2015 |

Belongs to Series

Jessica Lemmon is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,434,688 books! | Top bar: Always visible