The Sacrifice

by Beverly Lewis

Series: Abram's Daughters (3)

An Amish family continues to learn how to forgive past transgressions and embrace joy.

In this third book of the series, Leah makes a promise to her mother that will lead her down a different path, one that not many Amish women would have chosen. She forgoes the hope of someday having a husband and a family of her own. Though content with her life, she nevertheless comes to the realization that what was denied to her happened through a series of miscommunications and deceit, and is distraught with that knowledge. Readers of this series will feel Leah’s pain, when her long-shunned sister reveals this truth to her. After this life-changing sacrifice, one can only hope that happiness will Leah at some point in future, because she seems unable to look for it. ( )
  Maydacat | Jul 4, 2021 |
My least favorite in the series so far, but it still somehow drew me in. ( )
  klburnside | Aug 11, 2015 |
Love love love this series! ( )
  Kimmyd76 | Aug 1, 2015 |
Sadie returns home
  pbhenry | Sep 10, 2011 |
I love Beverly Lewis & this series called Abram's Daughters. I know it's "Christian" fiction, but honestly it is not preachy in any way..if you love the Amish you'll love this series..that is why I love it!! ( )
  Ames3473 | Nov 28, 2009 |
Come June, the first song of the whippoorwill reminds me of berry picking...and bygone days.

Bethany House

An edition of this book was published by Bethany House.

Recorded Books

An edition of this book was published by Recorded Books.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,587,360 books! | Top bar: Always visible