Cravings [Anthology 4-in-1] by Laurell K.…
1,031None8,179 (3.36)9

anthology ( )
  Ebeth.Naylor | Sep 30, 2013 |
I have not read this whole book yet because all of the stories it contains are part of series by well-known paranormal romance writers and I have only just begun reading these series. I will flesh out this review as I read more of it.
"Dead Girls Don't Dance" - This selection takes place between the first two books of Davidson's Queen Betsy series which is about a ditsy girl who suddenly becomes Queen of the Vampires. It is set in Minnesota, which is fun for me because that's where I live. Davidson is very realistic in describing her setting and even the language is very genuinely Minnesotan. I appreciate that quite a lot.
The main focus of this novella is a vampire named Andrea who is awakened on a Lake Michigan beach by a guy she used to have a crush on in college. She's been a vampire for several years, but she's still pretty thirsty and feeds on the guy before recognizing him. They catch up and he agrees to take her back to the Twin Cities to pledge fealty to her new queen. She's really smart and funny and he's kind of dumb and gorgeous, so their interactions are comical, particularly when you throw in the whole vampire thing. The tale is short; I read it in about half an hour, but it's pretty satisfying, funny and spark-filled. 4 stars.
  EmScape | Jan 27, 2012 |
I picked this up for the short story by MaryJanice Davidson. Unfortunately, it is set in Queen Betsy's world but doesn't have much to do with her. I also made the mistake of reading the Laurell K Hamilton short story. Don't get me wrong, I love Hamilton's stuff and was excited to see an Anita Blake story in this collection. As a reference, I have only read the first 2 books in the Anita Blake series so....yeah, just about every word in this short story was screaming "Spoilers,Spoilers" to me. Ah, well. Can't review the other two works in the collection as I did not even read them. ( )
  MrsMich02 | Jun 10, 2011 |
I enjoyed this anthology - four solid stories with a bit of erotic spice and a mix of supers, magicks, mystery and humor.Incubus Dreams, from which Blood On My Lips was taken, was the first Anita Blake book I ever read and I think its a good story to introduce the tone that the later books by Hamiltion take. This focus's on Anitas struggle to control the Ardeur and find a place in her life for Nathaniel.Dead Girls Don't Dance was entertaining, I enjoy Davidson's humor and this story was fun to read. There is a glimpse of Queen Betsy and Sinclair at the end but really it is it's own story.Originally Human was intriguing, I liked her style and the story itself was strong. I havan't read anything by Wilkes but I am looking to do so now.Burning Moon was OK, a neat little mystery but didn't really grab me. ( )
  shelleyraec | May 9, 2011 |
Explores the grief and despair of a werewolf who has lost his lifemate. All Grant Marshall wants to do is rip out the throat of the man who killed his wife–then swim out into the Atlantic Ocean and never come back. He tracks his wife’s killer to a small New Jersey seaside town, where he meets Antonia, a blind tarot card reader--the woman with the power to change his fate. I used the New Jersey shore because I’ve been there several times, and I liked the small town atmosphere of the beach resorts. Also, a beach town seemed like the perfect location for a blind woman because she could easily walk to the stores and anything else she needed. ( )
  amarynt | Jul 27, 2010 |

Hamilton, Laurell K.Contributorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Davidson, MaryJaniceContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Wilks, EileenContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
York, RebeccaContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Blood upon my Lips: It was an October wedding.

Dead Girls Don't Dance: She stood on the shore of Lake Michigan and looked out at the black water.

Originally Human: Helen?

Burning Moon: Some people glory in the warmth of the afternoon sun.

Stories in anthology:

Dead Girls Don't Dance by MaryJanice Davidson
Originally Human by Eileen Wilks
Burning Moon by Rebecca York
Blood Upon My Lips by Laurell K. Hamilton

Longins in the night... In the heat of the night, anything goes. Boundaries are crossed and secret yearnings take shape. Creatures stalk the shadows, surrendering to their wildest needs--and satisfying hungers that take their victims beyond fear to the dark edge of desire. Succumb to the pleasure as four of your favorite authors present their favorite characters in all-new tales of bloodlust, of the kind of appetites that must be sated again and again, and of the passion that feeds them...

Contains:

“Blood upon My Lips” by Laurell K. Hamilton

“Dead Girls Don’t Dance” by MaryJanice Davidson

“Originally Human” by Eileen Wilks

“Burning Moon” by Rebecca York

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0515138150, Mass Market Paperback)

All-new sensuous stories from four of today's most provocative authors.

Laurell K. Hamilton

MaryJanice Davidson

Eileen Wilks

Rebecca York

Four favorite authors present their favorite characters in all-new tales of bloodlust, appetites that must be sated again and again, and the passion that feeds them.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:40:24 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 89,494,434 books! | Top bar: Always visible