Cravings [Anthology 4-in-1] by Laurell K.…

Beyond the Ardeur - 1 star (I've read only the first two books in Anita Blake series and I don't remember them being this tacky and horrible.)

The rest of them are ok. My favourite is Dead Girls Don't Dance. It is light, funny and entertaining. ( )
  Irena. | Aug 26, 2014 |
Rating reflects all of the stories BUT the Laurell K Hamilton. I tried, I really tried, to find a place in my heart for some time in Anita's world reconnecting to characters I was once fond of. Too bad this novella is right at the cusp (pun intended) of When This Series Went To CrapTM. Sigh, I really spend too much time in these reviews hating on Anita Blake. Truce? I'll probably only last the night.

The Eileen Wilks story (the reason I ordered the book), "Originally Human," was fantastic. Having read Night Season and it's preceding novella first, I'm all aquiver for Eileen's writing to improve to that level. This story delivered. A tale of woman meets man with amnesia (that old shtick), it's a well told story that made me hungry for more time with these main characters. Eileen Wilks may prove capable of pulling a Kelley Armstrong, independently creating several main characters within one universe that I love. Of course, that means that I will suffer during "drought" periods, waiting for my favorite characters to have a turn (EVE, Kelley, THINK EVE). According to her website, these two do have a part to play at some point in the main story line. Here's to me and my baited breath, Eileen.

Mary Janice Davidson's "Dead Girls Don't Dance," was fun. As my first encounter with MJD, this novella earned her a precious "Hey, look for other things by her when you get a moment" nod. Hopefully when I read the first book to feature this character, I will bond with her more. Not really caring for her, while I found the story enjoyable. Why would the king of the vampires choose Minnesota as the center of his kingdom? That may be the most unbelievable aspect of this story.

"Burning Moon" by Rebecca York was the most "romancey" story of the bunch, but I still was amused by it. Loved that the woman is a tarot reader, as the time spent talking about the cards was fantastic.
  drhapgood | Jul 27, 2014 |
02/01/08, bought at Coles in Hamilton, ON for $10.38
read 07/01/08

This book contains 4 short books by Laurell K. Hamilton, MaryJanice Davidson, Eileen Wilks and Rebecca York. I enjoyed all the stories, but I was disappointed that the "new Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter tale" was the beginning of a book I had already read. I'm assuming this collection was published before that book. ( )
  Susanna.Dilliott | Apr 23, 2014 |
anthology ( )
  Ebeth.Naylor | Sep 30, 2013 |
I have not read this whole book yet because all of the stories it contains are part of series by well-known paranormal romance writers and I have only just begun reading these series. I will flesh out this review as I read more of it.
"Dead Girls Don't Dance" - This selection takes place between the first two books of Davidson's Queen Betsy series which is about a ditsy girl who suddenly becomes Queen of the Vampires. It is set in Minnesota, which is fun for me because that's where I live. Davidson is very realistic in describing her setting and even the language is very genuinely Minnesotan. I appreciate that quite a lot.
The main focus of this novella is a vampire named Andrea who is awakened on a Lake Michigan beach by a guy she used to have a crush on in college. She's been a vampire for several years, but she's still pretty thirsty and feeds on the guy before recognizing him. They catch up and he agrees to take her back to the Twin Cities to pledge fealty to her new queen. She's really smart and funny and he's kind of dumb and gorgeous, so their interactions are comical, particularly when you throw in the whole vampire thing. The tale is short; I read it in about half an hour, but it's pretty satisfying, funny and spark-filled. 4 stars.
  EmScape | Jan 27, 2012 |

Hamilton, Laurell K.Contributorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Davidson, MaryJaniceContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Wilks, EileenContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
York, RebeccaContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Blood upon my Lips: It was an October wedding.

Dead Girls Don't Dance: She stood on the shore of Lake Michigan and looked out at the black water.

Originally Human: Helen?

Burning Moon: Some people glory in the warmth of the afternoon sun.

Stories in anthology:

Dead Girls Don't Dance by MaryJanice Davidson
Originally Human by Eileen Wilks
Burning Moon by Rebecca York
Blood Upon My Lips by Laurell K. Hamilton

Longins in the night... In the heat of the night, anything goes. Boundaries are crossed and secret yearnings take shape. Creatures stalk the shadows, surrendering to their wildest needs--and satisfying hungers that take their victims beyond fear to the dark edge of desire. Succumb to the pleasure as four of your favorite authors present their favorite characters in all-new tales of bloodlust, of the kind of appetites that must be sated again and again, and of the passion that feeds them...

Contains:

“Blood upon My Lips” by Laurell K. Hamilton

“Dead Girls Don’t Dance” by MaryJanice Davidson

“Originally Human” by Eileen Wilks

“Burning Moon” by Rebecca York

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0515138150, Mass Market Paperback)

All-new sensuous stories from four of today's most provocative authors.

Laurell K. Hamilton

MaryJanice Davidson

Eileen Wilks

Rebecca York

Four favorite authors present their favorite characters in all-new tales of bloodlust, appetites that must be sated again and again, and the passion that feeds them.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:40:24 -0400)

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 97,216,412 books! | Top bar: Always visible