Night Play by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Bride McTierney has had it with men. They're cheap, self-centered, and never love her for who she is. But though she prides herself on being independent, deep down she still yearns for a knight in shining armor. She just never expected her knight in shining armor to have a shiny coat of fur. Her boyfriend is a Were-Hunter wolf who is wooing her to be his mate.… (more)

Bride's been diss'd and cut to the curb supposedly because she's too fat. Vane sees her again and can't resist her. It's all about her accepting that Vane finds her beautiful and Vane accepting he has a family that's bigger than blood that cares about him and helping him keep his mate safe.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
Great book. I was laughing hysterically at the end. ( )
  RozzieReads | Jun 5, 2018 |
Night Play
4 Stars

Synopsis:
Deadly and tortured, Vane Kattalakis is a Were-Hunter with the ability to transform into a wolf. Pursued by his enemies, Vane is not looking for love and is staggered to learn that the Fates have marked Bride McTierney, a human woman, as his mate. Bride has been hurt in the past and Vane must work his way past her insecurities to convince her that she can trust him not only with her life but with her heart as well.

Review:
**Note**: This is book six in the Dark Hunter series but the first book to explore the world of the Were-Hunters and is this respect it provides many new and interesting details, especially regarding the distinction between the Arcadians and Katagaria.

Vane and Bride are a sweet and likeable couple, and their romance is engaging. Nevertheless, Bride’s preoccupation with her physical size, while understandable, becomes tiresome after a while, especially considering the fact that Vane could not care less and sees her as sexy and voluptuous. Vane is gorgeous both inside and out, and he is among my favorite characters in the series.

While the plot is predictable and clichéd, the book has some great laugh-out-loud dialogue and exceptional secondary characters (gotta love Ash and Simi, Valerius and Otto) that more than make up for it. The contrast between Vane and Fury’s characterization is another highlight of the story.

Backstory and world building are Kenyon's strong suit and Night Play is no exception. The writing flows and the descriptions are detailed and intriguing even if her characters are a little too good to be true.

I am slowly working my way through this series and enjoying every minute. I do suggest that the books be read in order so as not to miss out on any of the interesting tidbits. ( )
  Lauren2013 | May 24, 2018 |
I love the heroine in this. Bride is a regular girl who finds love as she is. ( )
  kbartosh | Mar 27, 2018 |
This had a little change of pace from the others in the series. ( )
  Belles007 | Jan 17, 2016 |
For my husband and sons who are my world. For all my friends who are there through thick and thin: Lo, Janet, Brynna, Tasha, "Nick," Dara, Ret, Cathy, Donna, Chris, Rebecca, and Kim.

To the DH fans all over the globe who make the world of the website and loops thrive and who give me endless hours of smiles -- I wish I had space to list all of you by name, but from the bottom of my heart, thank you. For my RBL sister who are always there and for my readers who make it all worth while. I can never, never thank you enough.

To Kim and Nancy for all the hard work you do and for still allowing me to take the DH to the outer limits of my imagination and beyond. And I haven't forgotten either of you, Alethea and Nicole!

Words can never truly express just how much I adore all of you and how much you mean to me.

May God bless and keep you all. Hugs!
Come with me, modern traveler, back to a time that has been shrouded by mystery.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,794,419 books! | Top bar: Always visible