Check, Please! Year One by Ngozi Ukazu

Check, Please! Year One (2015)

by Ngozi Ukazu

Updated. Bitty and Jack are the cutest. I love how everyone is supporting them. The fine jar is funny. I love this comic. :)

Update. I just read the latest additions, and I love it more and more. It's awesome how everyone is still so involved even though some have graduated. Jack & Bitty are adorable. The diner scene is great. I'll continue to follow this comic. ♥︎

I'm in love with this comic. I've read seasons 1, 2, the outtakes/extras and what's up so far for 3. The characters are so cute and fun. There's hockey plays, pie baking, friendship bonds being formed, college parties. It's all great. The graphics are exceptional, and since it's online occasionally the reader even gets a moving bit inside a pic. The storyline kept my interest, and the extras are really funny and sort of educational. I will definitely continue to follow this comic. ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |
This follows the first year of Georgian, Pie Baking, Tiny Eric R. Bittle as he arrives as Samwell University and gets acclimated to the hockey team. The comic uses the framing device of Bittles' (hockey nicknames are explained in the extra bits with Ransom and Holster) video blog but branches out from there as Bittle plays hockey, learns to take a check (sort of), makes friends, gets more protein, and of course bakes pies… so many pies. You don't have to know anything about baking or about hockey to love this comic. The artwork is beautiful, the story is well plotted, and the characters are well developed. The comic lives predominately as a webcomic and has been translated into hard copy well. Each page is a single panel with each "episode" around 7 panels each. ( )
  morwen04 | Nov 18, 2015 |
This book is the first collection of the Check, Please! webcomic. It follows main character Eric "Bitty" Bittle - former figure skater and current vlogger - during his freshman year as a member of the Samwell men's hockey team.

It's a refreshingly formatted and well told story about over coming fear, finding a place, and learning to embrace who you are. The webcomic has a wonderfully interesting cast of characters from Canadian hockey robot Captain Jack Zimmerman to best friends D-men Ransom and Holster, the tiny artistic team manager Lardo, and so many more. This is a fun and engaging read that's a little bit about the college experience, a little bit about accepting yourself, and tiny bit about hockey. ( )
  midnightbex | Nov 9, 2015 |
Hellooooooooo, Internet Land!

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,413,272 books! | Top bar: Always visible