Reaper's Fire

by Joanna Wylde

Series: Reapers MC (6)

The club comes first. I've lived by those words my whole life-assumed I'd die by them, too, and I never had a problem with that. My Reaper brothers took my back and I took theirs, and it was enough. Then I met her. Tinker Garrett. She's beautiful, she's loyal, and she works so damned hard it scares me sometimes. She deserves a good man-one better than me. I can't take her yet, because the club still needs me. There's another woman, another job, another fight just ahead. Now she'll learn I've been lying to her all along. None of its real. Not my name, not my job, not even the clothes I wear. She thinks I'm nice. She pretends we're just friends, that I've still got a soul...Mine's been dead for years. Now I'm on fire for this woman, and a man can only burn for so long before he destroys everything around him. I'm coming for you, Tinker. Soon.… (more)

Reaper's Fire is another good entry in the Reaper's Motorcycle Club series. Gage comes to Hallies Falls in the guise of Cooper, a trucker, dating Talia, the sister of the current president of the Nighthawk MC in order to find out what is going on in one of the Reaper's subsidiary clubs. Cooper meets Tinker when she offers him a handyman job and a free apartment in her building. Gage's attraction to Tinker can't be ignored, but he must complete his club business first before even considering starting anything with her.
Before long, it becomes clear that Talia's brother, March, is stealing from the club and running the Nighthawks into the ground. Talia is difficult to deal with, and Gage's patience is tested as his attraction to Tinker grows. Meanwhile, Tinker has problems of her own. Her father seems to be losing his memory, and her prosecutor husband in Seattle is stalling their divorce even though he wasn't able to pull himself away from a courtroom the night Tinker lost their baby. All the while, wildfires are looming close enough to town making everyone a little bit on edge.
This was a well written story with just the right balance between suspense, romance, and erotic scenes. The characters were enjoyable and the plot was fun and interesting. Overall another really good story in the Reapers series. ( )
  ftbooklover | Oct 12, 2021 |

Reaper’s Fire is book six in the Reapers MC series by Joanna Wylde.

I’m not sure what has drawn me into this series. Maybe it’s the sexy covers or maybe it’s the hard core bicker men or maybe it’s the issues each couple go through or the passion that sets the sheets on fire. It’s probably all of it combined.

Falling in love was not on Gage’s agenda; especially when he’s undercover protecting his club, but he just can’t resist falling for his landlady, Tinker.

Tinker aww man her husband/ex-husband is an ass. I felt for her and what she went through. No one should have to go through what she did alone.

Gage never expected to find a women that would make him think about settling. He loves his club, it’s his life, and he has and will do anything for them.

The sexual tension was strong between Gage and Tinker. When he finally tells her the truth and claims her as his property; well it’s intense. The chemistry was hot and steamy between them. Theirs also some dame in the town and Tinker’s best friend was great. She added the comic relief.

Their where a few things that bothered me:

- We don’t get closer on the bad guy and his sister.
- We don’t get closer on Tinkers husband/ex-husband.
- I thought that Tinker could have had a kid of her own. We have procreation options available to us. The end was nice, but with how powerful the opening was, I felt sad that she didn’t get to experience the joy of caring her own child.
- I wasn’t fully on board with what Gage felt he had to do for his club. I get it and think of it as undercover work an agent or cop would do, but eww.
- Also from the last book it’s mentioned that Gage got cut up and I was hoping we would get that scene in Reaper’s Fire, but we don’t. It’s the authors book, so they can add or not add stuff, but I was just hoping it would be in here, so I was just a little disappointed we didn’t get that scene.

Reaper’s Fire delivers action, suspense, and club business. It was a fun read.

Rated: 4 Stars

angelsgp | May 14, 2021 |
3.5 stars actually.

So we met Tinker back in the story of Painter and Melanie....Gage we knew from being a Reaper.

Here we get their story and since we knew some of it we wanted all the juicy details. Not many, trust me. We knew Tinker hires "Cooper" (Gage's alias as he is investigating the Nighthawks) to be her handyman for the family's apartment complex.

We didn't know that suffering a tragic loss in which Tinker discovered what a scum bag her husband truly is, she's been trying to make the divorce final for the last 18 months. Recently she has moved back to her hometown of Hallies Falls to take care of her father after her mother's sudden death takes a huge toll on his mental facilities.

Gage sees Tinker, she's the kind of woman he usually goes for but is off limits since he is "taking on for the team" and doing Talia, sister to the Nighthawk president, Marsh. (I knew from the glimpse we saw of these two during Painter's story that their cheese slipped off their crackers a long, long time ago. ) So even though they basically have eye sex with one another, flirt and share a kiss or two....nope, he can't go there because Talia is PSYCHO and takes to threatening Tinker with a machete. (MC Brother's or not, time to check out of that assignment FAST!)

And thanks to Painter's story we know how Marsh gets taken out and a little of what happened to the rest of the Nighthawks. Talia of course escapes all this and lives to terriorize Tinker. (I'm sorry who the hell names their kid Tinker, and since I never heard it explained as being a nick name.... seriously?)

I get he was "undercover" but have never known an alpha personality to put up with some of the crap he did....and some of it from a skank he could barely have sex with. And what's with that? I get your loyal to your club but DAMN to basically whore yourself out for info. A woman does that she's a slut Gage does that and he earns his clubs undying respect and loyalty....really? And Tinker still gets hot and bothered over this guy, even after he "explains" everything. Uh, no....not after what she has already been through and the losses she suffered. Most women would be telling him to go to H*ll and give him a map so he doesn't get lost on his way there.

Now the back story of the wildfire, first I couldn't understand why it was mentioned as if it were just to provide Talia a way to get even with the Reaper's then there could have been other ways of doing that. Once I read the author's notes about an actual wildfire going on at the time she wrote this and her feeling it only right to add that important and devastating event....okay, I get it.

I liked the book, not as much as other and better than some but that usually happens in a series. You aren't going to LOVE all of them and some you'll just want to roll your eyes at. I was excited about this one but ...ah well, better luck next time. Or maybe it's the fact that so much of this books climax points we knew because of the earlier mentions in Painter's story; and what was in between those moments felt flat. Oh well, onward and next book please. ( )
  ChachaJ | Feb 1, 2021 |
Summary
Gage (AKA Cooper) will do anything for his club, his brothers, his loyalty is absolute. When he is asked to go undercover to take down a club that is danger and almost falling apart, because their new President is corrupt, he is more than willing even if it means having to soil himself with the likes of his cruel viper of a sister. Gage hates that he has to even be around Talia, especially with how she manipulates and treats others and plays cruel games with lives. But she is his ticket into the club, to win their trust so he can gather the intel he needs to take down the President and his gang and get to the bottom of the real club and if there is anyone left worth saving. Then he meets mature and lovely Tinker. Working as her handyman part time, is the perfect cover that he needs. But he soon becomes torn over his loyalty to his club--his family, and the one woman he would give his life for...
The Hero
Gage never had a real family growing up...his parents were the best at raising kids. But Gage found his true family in the Reapers Club, when they rescued him from his life when he was only seventeen. He would do anything for his brothers, they give him everything he has ever needed and now they need him. Gage has been a hero I have watched throughout the series and I really loved him for the most part. He has the same dangerous edge that comes with the men of this club, but he also has loyalty and honor. Now he makes his own mistakes, of course but he also has a good heart
The Heroine
Tinker, is a woman of strength and courage. Tinker grew up in a small town, and married. But the man she married, was not who she thought he was. And when she lost her baby in a miscarriage, and her husband wouldn't even come to the hospital, she knew that it was over and she needed to create her own future again. Being the gourmet chef she spent years training for and building up her business. But when her mother died, and her father's mental health started to slowly decline, she returned home to take care of him. Tinker's story is heartbreaking at times, but I also loved her tenacity and strength and standing up for her own values. I just loved seeing the way she stands on her own,
Plot and Story Line
Reaper's Fire is a story I have been long awaiting to read and I finally managed to get a copy at my local library and yes it was pretty fantastic, not sure where it stands as far as comparing to the other books...I do feel like it stands on its own as a fantastically thrilling romance that this author creates and has its own unique plot. Now if you have read the previous book, "Reapers Fall" then there are some similarities, here for sure, since these two book plots have some commonalities, and this is story is where we get to see Gage's side of the story and I will admit I was SUPER nervous to read it. Because I just didn't like the idea of the hero having sex with one woman while falling for another, I just wasn't sure how I would feel about it. But honestly, it didn't bother me as much as I thought it would. Our hero is working undercover for his club.
Reapers forever, forever Reapers.
Sometimes loyalty sucks.
Quite frankly Talia is CRAZY!! Literally, she needs to be put down like a sick dog. Really...she is cruel and frankly (A Bitch--excuse my language, but she is just horrible. So our hero struggles every day being undercover because of the way he has to be even around Talia. Now he and Tinker have a strong connection to each other, but its more look and don't touch type of thing they have going on. And his relationship with Talia isn't full committing to each other in a singular relationship. Its more like having an open relationship. So technically, there is no cheating going on but it is a fine line especially when you see how much Gage and Tinker really start to care about each other. But what I liked about the story, was seeing how they practically fall in love with each other before being intimate with each other.
I've been suffocating, WAITING FOR YOU, and I don't think you've had it any easier, have you?
I liked that a ton actually, especially since its rare in this series or even most books written. I loved seeing the way these two connected in the small ways even. We also see a unique situation with the club involved here. Now in Reapers Fall (the previous book) we just see the negative part to the club, but I did like seeing that some of the older members who are still good and honorable. We also get some new twists with a fire that is sweeping the area, Definitely, adds some tension and intensity to the story that keeps the story alive. Reaper's Fire is simply breathtaking and I had a blast with this latest release and she keeps making me fall in love with these MC settings and the culture which is very different, but I love the close knit ties the Reaper's have with each other, the way they fight and protect and the way they support and love each other no matter what happens.
The Cover
Oh I really love this cover...not necessarily my top favorite...but it's very close.
Overall View
Reaper's Fire is a stimulating and fiery hot romance that is full of excitement, danger, growth and change and so tender and sweet, an emotionally driven love story that wraps around your heart....UNFORGETTABLE!! ( )
  addictofromance | Mar 23, 2019 |
4.5 stars ( )
  mitabird | Jun 10, 2018 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,168,241 books! | Top bar: Always visible