Mistborn: Secret History by Brandon…

Mistborn: Secret History

by Brandon Sanderson

English (6)  German (1)  All (7)
THIS GUY. which could refer to EITHER Sanderson or Kelsier because man both men are non-stop.

Explains a lot of the weird going on through Well of Ascension and Hero of Ages, as well as the Epilogue of Bands of Mourning. Definitely read after original trilogy, though I think it could be placed either before or after the Wax & Wayne (it was a nice surprise after BoM, though, when Brandon mentioned it in notes at the end). ( )
  Daumari | Dec 30, 2017 |
Spoilers ahead!
I'm crying. I'm glad Kelsier is still there, but Vin and Elend are truly gone... I can't stop crying...
It's implied that Kell is going to do sth with Spook and I want to know more about it. and maybe I should have read this after reading bands of mourning... there were some things I didn't understand and probably were spoilers... Dammit. ( )
  bookishpeach240 | Feb 7, 2017 |
Wow. If you were a fan of the Mistborn books, you will love this novella. It fills in a lot of gaps from those books. Some gaps that you didn't even realize were there. I unfortunately have forgotten a lot about the original series so this just makes me want to go back and reread the whole damn series. All three books, and then maybe the next three/four books in the Wax and Wayne era just for good measure and to pick up on all the hints I'm bound to see now, after reading this novella. Don't read this until after reading the Mistborn series. ( )
  Kassilem | Dec 6, 2016 |
So, yeah. I try to be rational, calm, and straight forward with my reviews. I don't want to seem like some frothing-at-the-mouth raving fanboy that eats, dreams, sleeps, talks, reads, and regurgitates Brandon Sanderson stories. In fact, I gave The Well of Ascension 3 stars, because it was too overly political and philosophical for my tastes. As a whole, the Original Trilogy I would probably give 4 stars. It's great reading, but not fantastic.

However, THIS book (at 150 pages, it's really not a novella, but it does read fast) was ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC.

I think it's fair to say that you can figure out who is on the cover. And he Brandon Sanderson says in the postscript:

[I]f you watch closely during the Wax and Wayne books, you might figure out what [he] is up to during that time. Because he's not done yet. Not even close.

Yeah. I didn't think so, and I'm so excited to see what happens with him in the remaining eras.

This isn't just for the Sanderson die-hards. This book uncovers some interesting parts of the original trilogy that caused me to tilt my head. "Why did that just happen? Where did that come from? Why is he/she talking to themselves?" Etc. In fact, it might even seem a slightly be piecemeal, actually. But you know what? The stories in the novella are so fun, it's worth it.

Highly recommend this if you are a fan of the Mistborn books. ( )
  atoponce | Oct 7, 2016 |
Well that was unexpected. Should've guessed that Kelsier is to stubborn to just die like normal people. ( )
  thedreadcat | Apr 9, 2016 |
For Nathan Hatfield
Who helped Mistborn come to be

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 124,079,087 books! | Top bar: Always visible