Dragons of Winter Night (1985)

by Margaret Weis, Tracy Hickman

Series: Dragonlance: Chronicles {Weis & Hickman} (2), Dragonlance - chronological {shared universe} ((Chronicles 2) 352 AC)

1980s (211)

English (26)  Spanish (1)  Catalan (1)  All languages (28)
hb
  5083mitzi | Apr 4, 2021 |
I read Dragons of Autumn Twilight, several years ago after receiving a copy as a birthday gift, and for some reason didn't continue with Book 2. I recently watched the animated movie based on the first book, and that rekindled my interest in the series. I thoroughly enjoyed this book, with the exception of a certain event in the last few chapters, but I am looking forward to continuing on. ( )
  jgranger221 | Dec 21, 2020 |
Beyond incredible. A perfect fantasy novel. ( )
  crleverette | Oct 5, 2020 |
When dragons invade the land, a small band of heroes, including a knight, barbarian, dwarf, and half-elf, begin the search for the magical Dragon Orb and Dragonlance. ( )
  jrthebutler | Sep 23, 2020 |
The story of the companions continues as the war begins to pick up. Their quest now is to find the dragon orbs. They get separated, which leads to diverging paths. This book, in terms of the pacing, was a bit slower than the first volume. However, there are some twists towards the end, and the action picks up in the second half. The tone of this one is darker than the first, but that is a good thing as it keeps things interesting. There is a cliffhanger, assuring readers will return for the third volume to conclude the trilogy. I certainly will seek the third novel to see how things wrap up. Overall, this series makes for nice escapist reading. Only reason I give it 3 stars is that I find later series, such as The Minotaur Wars, to be better developed, but this one is good entertainment, and you get a sense of how these novels got their start.

As I noted when I read the first volume, as a librarian, I still can say these books would have good appeal to teen readers, especially boys and probably good for reluctant readers as well. These are fairly easy books to read, pretty entertaining, and if you like fantasy, swords and dragons, a good selection. ( )
  bloodravenlib | Aug 17, 2020 |

Renvall, MikaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sandrelli, SandroTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Stawicki, MattCover Artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Williams, Michaelsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
To my parents, Dr. and Mrs. Harold R. Hickman, who taught me what true honor is -- Tracy Raye Hickman
To my parents, Frances and George Weis, who gave me a gift more precious than life - the love of books -- Margaret Weis
Tanis Half-Elven sat in the meeting of the Council of Highseekers and listened, frowning.
The German version of Dragons of Winter Night is in two volumes: Drachenwinter and Drachenzauber. Please do not combine these.

GenreThing

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,305,566 books! | Top bar: Always visible