This new release of a classic novel continues the tale of Salvatore's signature dark elf character Drizzt Do'Urden. Reissue.

English (6)  Spanish (1)  All languages (7)
Will a Drizzt book ever not be two stories in one? probably not. do I care? also probably not. The politicking in Menzoberrazan was delightful, and the fight for Mithral Hall in the latter half was a great sequence. ( )
  ashelocke | Jun 3, 2021 |
As opposed to my other Drizz't" reads by Salvatore, I actually enjoyed this read. And halfway through I realized why.

Salvatore stopped writing about specific characters and got into "Big battle" mode. I realized Salvatore can't do characterization worth a tinker's pot. His characters are 2D, flat, boring, unemotional, etc, etc, which is why I did not like the previous books. I enjoyed the battle, a lot.

So while this was going to be my last "Drizz't" book, I think I'll give Salvatore another chance at Redemption [not that I'm holding out much hope mind you]." ( )
  BookstoogeLT | Dec 10, 2016 |
The last book in the 'second' Drizzt trilogy, where Drizzt finally (?) puts to rest the conflict between himself, his allies, and his drow family. ( )
  Karlstar | Jan 2, 2009 |
Very good - great ending! ( )
  coffeesucker | Jan 16, 2007 |
While I still had a blast with this book, I didn't enjoy it quite as much as the rest of the series. I think this was because so much of the book dealt with the invading drow rather than the series' main characters. I still found these machinations interesting, just not as interesting. ( )
1 vote xicanti | Dec 9, 2006 |

R. A. Salvatoreprimary authorall editionscalculated
Lockwood, ToddCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
By all appearances, she was too fair a creature to be walking through the swirling sludge of this smoky layer of the Abyss.

Gods Walk the Realms!

Rising up from the black depths of the Underdark, the drow once more meet the dwarves of Mithral Hall. Bruenor Battlehammer, with Drizzt at his side, won't go down without a fight--but they'll have to fight without Wulfgar or Catti-brie at their sides.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,174,174 books! | Top bar: Always visible