Seen Art? by Jon Scieszka

Seen Art?

by Jon Scieszka

English (26)  French (1)  All languages (27)
What a great way to introduce kids to art!!! We loved this book and could easily go through it multiple times. ( )
  lissabeth21 | Oct 3, 2017 |
This is a good example contemporary realistic fiction because of the realistic confusion that happens with the name art. I love that the characters are drawn a little funky and that the art is just how it is in real life. Mixed media
  rwild13 | Mar 3, 2016 |
I thought this was an excellent book. I feel like a Dadaist wrote this children's book. Seen Art? is about a boy who is just looking for his friend whose name happens to be "Art". The entire book is a misunderstanding. People throughout the book show him famous works of art by famous artist, and humorously the boy says this isn't art. This book builds in art appreciation in a humorous way. ( )
  Sleco | Nov 2, 2015 |
49 months - A pretty fun book that has as extent story (and descriptive words)and exposes kids to some of the fine Art in the MoMA. ( )
  maddiemoof | Oct 20, 2015 |
This realistic fiction book takes readers on a journey as follow a boy search for his friend, Art. As the friend asks strangers if they have seen him, he is directed to each place the strangers have seen art. Famous pieces of art can be found on each page and it introduces readers to all different types of art. ( )
  jenniferm14 | Jan 26, 2015 |

It all started when I told my friend Art I would meet him on the corner of Fifth and Fifty-Third.
I didn't see him. So I asked a lady walking up the avenue, "Have you seen Art?"
"MoMA?" asked the lady.
"Uh . . . no, he's just a friend."
"Just down Fifty-Third Street here. In a beautiful new building. You can't miss it."

When this address turns out to be the Museum of Modern Art in New York City, confusion and hilarity ensue. As the narrator continues looking for Art inside MoMA, he is introduced to well-known pieces of art such as Van Gogh's The Starry Night, Matisse's The Red Studio, as well as works by Picasso, Klee, Lichtenstein and others.
In a dynamic collaboration that features comical text and playful illustrations alongside full-color reproductions of the artwork, Jon Scieszka and Lane Smith give readers the perfect companion for a visit to MoMA, and an introduction to some of the world's best works of modern art.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:22 -0400)

While looking for his friend Art, a boy wanders through the Museum of Modern Art and is amazed by what he discovers there.

Jon Scieszka is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,043,405 books! | Top bar: Always visible