Beyond the Blue Event Horizon by Frederik…

Beyond the Blue Event Horizon

by Frederik Pohl

Gateway by Frederik Pohl (sturlington)
    sturlington: Beyond the Blue Event Horizon is the sequel to Gateway.

English (18)  Italian (2)  French (1)  Danish (1)  All languages (22)
Robinette Broadhead is living the life of his dreams back on Earth when explorers reach a Heechee artefact in the Oort cloud to find some very surprising discoveries.

I found Wan very confusing at first, especially as I was expecting more about Klara and the black hole. Can't wait for the next one but alas it's not available here. ( )
  Robertgreaves | May 21, 2019 |
Frederik Pohl can tell a Science Fiction story.

As with "Gateway" I was completely drawn into this book. I didn't always like what I was reading but I couldn't put it down. The more I read the more I wanted to read. This author has a keen sense of the human creature and he may tell you more than you want to know.

His stories make you curios and leery about "what's out there" and what we will do if we find out. ( )
  ikeman100 | Dec 26, 2017 |
This is the sequel to Gateway. In it an expedition is undertaken to investigate an alien spaceship beyond the orbit of Pluto. Bob Broadhead joined in the expedition because of his experiences as told in Gateway. Will this help him find the woman he loves? ( )
  gypsysmom | Aug 17, 2017 |
Beyond the Blue Event Horizon tells the continuing story of Robin Broadhead, whose exploits as a down-on-his-luck prospector have turned him into a very rich man--one of the most influential on the planet. With his new-found wealth, Broadhead has funded an expedition to a new-found Heechee derelict outpost--a "food factory" which has the capacity to end human famine. The mission hits a snag when these expedition members encounter actual aliens, along with a maladjusted human boy who was raised by them. I found that the introduction of living aliens took away from much of the wonder and mystery of the first book, especially as some of the chapters are told from their point of view. Again, most of the characters were fairly unlikable (particularly the alien-raised boy); however, Broadhead himself, in his new life as a meddling millionaire, became very interesting to follow. This is a mixed bag overall, but it fails to capture the mysterious tenor of the first book. ( )
  Phrim | Apr 13, 2016 |
I enjoyed _Gateway_ more as this book got a bit too thick with the technical stuff, but still found it enjoyable. ( )
  dbsovereign | Jan 26, 2016 |

Frederik Pohlprimary authorall editionscalculated
Barlowe, WayneCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sweet, Darrell K.Cover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
White, TimCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
It was not so easy to live, being young, being so completely alone.

In Book Two of the Heechee Saga, Robinette Broadhead is on his way to making a fortune by bankrolling an expedition to the Food Factory--a Heechee spaceship that can graze the cometary cloud and transfor the basic elements of the universe into untold quantities of food. But even as he gambles on the breakthrough technology, he is wracked with the guilt of losing his wife, poised forever at the "event horizon" of a black hole where Robin had abaondoned her. As more and more information comes back from the expedition, Robin grows ever hopeful that he can rescue his beloved Gelle-Klara Moynlin. After three and a years, the factory is discovered to work, and a human is found aboard. Robin's suffering may be just about over....
THE HEECHEE SAGA
Book One: Gateway
Book Two: Beyond the Blue Event Horizon
Book Three: Heechee Rendezvous
Book Four: The Annals of the Heechee

From the Paperback edition.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:08:15 -0400)

In Book Two of the Heechee Saga, Robinette Broadhead is on his way to making a fortune by bankrolling an expedition to the Food Factory--a Heechee spaceship that can graze the cometary cloud and transfor the basic elements of the universe into untold quantities of food. But even as he gambles on the breakthrough technology, he is wracked with the guilt of losing his wife, poised forever at the event horizon of a black hole where Robin had abaondoned her. As more and more information comes back from the expedition, Robin grows ever hopeful that he can rescue his beloved Gelle-Klara Moynlin. After three and a years, the factory is discovered to work, and a human is found aboard. Robin's suffering may be just about over....THE HEECHEE SAGABook One: GatewayBook Two: Beyond the Blue Event HorizonBook Three: Heechee RendezvousBook Four: The Annals of the Heechee From the Paperback edition.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 137,255,628 books! | Top bar: Always visible