Buffering: Unshared Tales of a Life Fully Loaded

by Hannah Hart

By combing through the journals that Hannah has kept for much of her life, this collection of narrative essays deliver a fuller picture of her life, her experiences, and the things she's figured out about family, faith, love, sexuality, self-worth, friendship and fame. Revealing what makes Hannah tick, this sometimes cringe-worthy, poignant collection of stories is sure to deliver plenty of Hannah's wit and wisdom, and hopefully encourage you to try your hand at her patented brand of reckless optimism. Personal note: Hello, my darlings! I am incredibly pleased to present BUFFERING: Unshared Tales of a Life Fully Loaded! As a big fan of memoirs, I wanted to try my hand at writing about the events of my life that deserve a little more consideration than can be accomplished in 140-characters or a 6-minute vlog. Now on the cusp of turning 30, I'm ready to expose some parts of my life that I haven't shared before. Before, it was all about privacy, process and time. And now the time has come! I'm ready to put myself out there, for you. I'm a little nervous about all these vulnerable words going into the world, these tales about my love life, the wrestling I've done with faith, how I feel about sex and my family and myself. I've had a lot of trials, a lot of errors, but also a lot of passion. Here's the thing - I've always found comfort in the stories shared by others, so I hope my stories, now that I feel ready to tell them, will bring you some comfort too. And when you read this book please remember: Buffering is just the time it takes to process. Enjoy! Love, Hannah… (more)

I received this book free from the publisher via netgalley.com in exchange for an honest review.

Please see my full reviews available at www.coffeeandtrainspotting.com.

For requesting arcs and books to review, please visit www.netgalley.com. ( )
  SarahRita | Aug 11, 2021 |
(audiobook) nonfiction. Well-written, diverse memoir with humor by youtuber (My Drunk Kitchen) and content creator. LGBTQAI interest, mental health awareness--traumatic youth (includes mother with schizophrenia, father is a Jehovah's Witness, violent stepbrother abandonment by loving stepfather). Deals with ongoing depression, self acceptance for being lesbian, diagnosis/treatment for ADHD in 20s, suicide of stepsister, navigating the mental health laws to help get her mother treatedI had no idea who Hannah was when I started this book (from the cover, I guessed some sort of millennial influencer?) so I was more or less blown away from all that she has been through, and all that she was willing to share of her life. Well worth the read if you are experiencing or trying to learn more about mental health issues, particularly the last couple chapters (part 6 of the audiobook) especially if you have a loved one with mental health issues that you are concerned about, but even if you don't--I knew that the system was "broken" and didn't work very well, but I had no idea how or why until Hannah explained the roadblocks. ( )
  reader1009 | Jul 3, 2021 |
This is by far the best memoir that a YouTuber has written to-date. It's astounding that Hannah went through what she did as a child and still came out on the other side a generally happy and joyful person. ( )
  amandanan | Jun 6, 2020 |
As the short synopsis says this is an autobiography book of a widely known and wildly popular and weirdly insane world wide web personality who has millions of subscribers and is loved by millions of people from the world wide web and I dare say millions of people from all over the world. In this book of hers she's very funny, she's very playful, very hilarious, and she's truly sincere when it comes to her sexuality. Which should have been reason enough for you to get it and read the hell out of it. I have to admit that I am not big when it comes to world wide web celebrities or their fan bases, but was completely surprised by her honest approach and the fact that she didn't sugar-coat the whole thing and made it more kid friendly. Whatever the case, I really enjoyed reading about her life prior the world wide web fame and between her world wide web fame, so much that I couldn't help but give it a well-deserved number of stars upon finishing it, and I have a hunch that so will you, for she's quite a catch and really knows how to make people laugh, so this autobiography offers quite a look into her somewhat private, somewhat personal, and somewhat professional life. ( )
  Champ88 | Dec 25, 2019 |
This is an autobiography of a "YouTube star". Chronicles her upbringing with a mother and father with mental illness and her struggle to accept her own sexuality. Very positive message, very positive and strong role model.
  lummigirl | Jul 21, 2018 |

Hannah Hartprimary authorall editionscalculated
Young, JudyForewordsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 173,964,459 books! | Top bar: Always visible