The Hating Game

by Sally Thorne

Fiction. Literature. Romance. Humor (Fiction.) HTML:

Now a movie starring Lucy Hale and Austin Stowell, USA Today bestselling author Sally Thorne's hilarious and sexy workplace comedy all about that thin, fine line between hate and love.

Nemesis (n.) 1) An opponent or rival whom a person cannot best or overcome.

2) A person's undoing

3) Joshua Templeman

Lucy Hutton has always been certain that the nice girl can get the corner office. She's charming and accommodating and prides herself on being loved by everyone at Bexley & Gamin. Everyone except for coldly efficient, impeccably attired, physically intimidating Joshua Templeman. And the feeling is mutual.

Trapped in a shared office together forty (ok, fifty or sixty) hours a week, they've become entrenched in an addictive, ridiculous never-ending game of one-upmanship. There's the Staring Game. The Mirror Game. The HR Game. Lucy can't let Joshua beat her at anything??especially when a huge new promotion goes up for the taking.

If Lucy wins this game, she'll be Joshua's boss. If she loses, she'll resign. So why is she suddenly having steamy dreams about Joshua, and dressing for work like she's got a hot date? After a perfectly innocent elevator ride ends with an earth shattering kiss, Lucy starts to wonder whether she's got Joshua Templeman all wrong.

Maybe Lucy Hutton doesn't hate Joshua Templeman. And maybe, he doesn't hate her either. Or maybe this is just another game.

This production includes a bonus excerpt from Sally Thorne's next audiobook, 99 Percent Mine.… (more)

You Deserve Each Other by Sarah Hogle (felula_geller)
    Small Admissions by Amy Poeppel (carriehh)
    Mister Romance by Leisa Rayven (fueledbycoffee)
    fueledbycoffee: Dislike or hate at first sight, funny, swoony, and good writing
    Whiskers & Sunshine by Sarah Skye (Anonymous user)

English (161)  Italian (1)  Hungarian (1)  Spanish (1)  All languages (164)
Really enjoyed the heat of loathing to love here. ( )
  mimji | Apr 20, 2024 |
I truly for the life of me can’t understand why this book is so highly rated. I’ll admit, I enjoyed the first 100 or so pages. The first 11 chapters to be exact. And then something changed and the next 200+ pages were a slog fest. I wanted to DNF the book some many times but I kept on trucking through. Lucy is not only childish but she’s also ridiculous. And yet somehow in the last 50 pages she grows a spine and stands up to Josh’s dad for him and then everything else gets wrapped up in a neat little bow. I really wanted to love this book but I just can’t. ( )
  Sadiebunny | Mar 30, 2024 |
this was a really fun enemies-to-lovers story. So if that's your jam - nemesis turned forbidden office romance - this will be just for you. I really enjoyed the main character; her internal monologue was funny and quirky. ( )
  s_carr | Feb 25, 2024 |
I am obsessed with this book and I am even obsessed with the movie (it is my new guilty pleasure) but by no means is the movie better than the book. Sometimes I wonder if Hollywood ever actually reads the books they turn into movies. I mean seriously you can have a 3 hour transformer movie from a 30 minute cartoon, a 3 hour movie for Harry potter but you cut so many awesome parts of this beautifully, fun, sassy, and romantic book.
I don't typically read books with romance in it at least not books that the main premises is romance at least I don't think so but this here got me hooked❤️❤️❤️.
I love the chemistry between Josh and Lucy, the enemies to lovers is well played here.
I laughed, I teared up and just had my heart melted away reading this. I could've read this in a day but honestly I kept prolonging it because I didn't want it to end. I would reread this over and over again.

❤️ romance
❤️ sass
❤️ mild spice
❤️ loveable characters

highly recommend to all my romance book readers !!! ( )
  Enid007 | Feb 9, 2024 |
A cute, quick yet intense office romance to fill the time. Character development was interesting. An enjoyable read. ( )
  CaeK | Jan 27, 2024 |

In loving memory of Ivy Stone
I have a theory.
I die when you blink

Fiction. Literature. Romance. Humor (Fiction.) HTML:

Nemesis (n.) 1) An opponent or rival whom a person cannot best or overcome.

2) A person's undoing

3) Joshua Templeman

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Sally Thorne's book The Hating Game was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 207,558,408 books! | Top bar: Always visible