Films of Mary Pickford

by Raymond Lee

261905,859 (4)None

This book is heavy on photos and light on text. After a short overview of this brilliant actress's career we get a series of Mary Pickford’s portraits, followed by photos of, and relating to, some of the many films she appeared in – including shorts and bit parts, she appeared in over 200.

It’s easy to love Mary as a film star and as a person. She’s one of those people who had that special something that’s hard to describe. She was never a great beauty, but she had a sweetness about her than I and many millions of others over the last 100+ years find endearing.

This book does a good job of highlighting Mary’s career and to a lesser extent the woman off the screen. The photos make it worth buying a physical copy, which I’d like to do at some point. I read this for free on the Internet Archive’s Open Library. ( )
  PhilSyphe | Jun 4, 2024 |

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 208,645,717 books! | Top bar: Always visible