Home Buying for Dummies by Eric Tyson

Home Buying for Dummies was an excellent starting point for me, a clueless want-to-be home purchaser. The book covers budgets, selecting professionals to help you (such as real estate agents), searching and deciding on the right home, and securing a mortgage. It’s written by real estate professionals. I haven’t read other “for Dummies” books so I’m not familiar with the genre, but it was so easy to read and actually incredibly painless. If you’re looking to purchase, it’s a great starting point. And that’s coming from someone who was quite clueless.
More on my blog
  rebeccareid | Oct 2, 2008 |
As annoying as the Dummie's series is...this book was actually helpful and was definately the best of this genre that we read when we were buying our house. ( )
  piefuchs | Nov 5, 2006 |

Eric Tysonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Brown, Raymain authorall editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 0471768472, Paperback)

This may be the best comprehensive guide for home buyers. Home Buying for Dummies is coauthored by Eric Tyson, author of several other books in the For Dummies series, and Ray Brown, a long-time real estate professional. Like other books in the series, this one is an easy and even entertaining read. But it does not gloss over details in pursuit of simplicity. Home Buying for Dummies covers all the bases, providing clear explanations and reasonable judgments on how to select a mortgage, hire a real estate agent, find the right house, and negotiate a good deal. The book goes further than most in providing helpful, specific information. For example, in discussing ways to save money for a future down payment, Home Buying for Dummies even includes the phone numbers for various mutual funds appropriate to different investment time frames. --Barry Mitzman

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:16 -0400)

Provides advice for first time home buyers on financing, working with a real estate agent, appraisals, negotiations, closing procedures, and related matters.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,754,318 books! | Top bar: Always visible