The Ocean Between Us

by Susan Wiggs

Grace and Steve Bennett are the perfect Navy couple. But even three amazing children and a globetrotting life are no longer enough for Grace. Feeling she has lost her identity, Grace wants a career, a house to call her own--something different.

First my disclaimer- I'm a former Army Brat so I loved the setting and plot involving a Navy family. Many parts were familiar to me as I was reading so I was already enjoying the book, the writing and plot were both interesting in Fresh and i enjoyed the differing POV's. The only issue I had was all the Navy jargon in the first chapter was almost a turn off. I had no clue what was happening, but I enjoyed having that chapter where it is in the book. Overall I give this book a solid 4 stars. ( )
  sunshine608 | Feb 2, 2021 |
One of those books that I will remember the overall story but it dragged while I actually read it. It took to long during the "pray" section especially.
  kshydog | Dec 13, 2020 |
Multiple POV.
The issue is from before they met.
No cheating but deception about his life before meeting the heroine.
Older couple, grown teenage children.
HEA. ( )
  izzied | Oct 29, 2020 |
Relationships between navy officer husband and wife with three kids05782
  lauriehill | Dec 7, 2019 |
The scene that stays with me from this book is the one where she comes out of the commissary and for a moment cannot remember where she is, which base, which house...where? That moment of confusion is something I've dealt with personally and it really resonates with me. A military marriage is not easy, and Ms. Wiggs addresses that with grace and truth. ( )
  Cfo6 | Mar 19, 2018 |

Susan Wiggsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Ferrone, RichardReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Publisher Series

Susan Wiggs is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,495,795 books! | Top bar: Always visible