The Lost Child of Lychford by Paul Cornell

The Lost Child of Lychford

by Paul Cornell

This is a poor second volume of this series. It has all the characters, but, I felt that the problem and solution weren't that strong. The child ghost is spooky, and is what held the story together. This is a slim volume, and a fast read, but making it bit longer would have helped. ( )
  TheDivineOomba | Jun 2, 2018 |
3.5 stars ( )
  natcontrary | May 21, 2018 |
I'm impressed, and I definitely must find myself a copy of Witches of Lychford to read. I found the cover and blurb tempting and, despite having not read Witches of Lychford (how I have missed it is the question) did I find myself quickly engrossed in this book. It's a short story, but it manages to contain a lot of action, humor and some paranormal things like an unhappy little boy apparition. Personally, I just love the love portion part of the story. It gave the story a hilarious aspect.

This may be the first Paul Cornell book I have read, but it will certainly not be the last. I've been interested in reading his Shadow Police series, but now I seriously want to get the first book! The Lost Child of Lychford was a fantastic book, and I hope to read more books about Lizzie and the rest of the gals!

I want to thank Macmillan-Tor/Forge for providing me with a free copy through NetGalley for an honest review! ( )
  MaraBlaise | Dec 14, 2017 |
Unlike the few other reviewers thus far, I was disappointed in this continuation of the Lychford Witches. If I'd read it directly afterwards, I might think differently. But Cornell failed to make his characters endearing in any way in this book. Their weirdness was the only thing featured, and it wasn't pretty. The story also lacks a logical arc. The resolution seems plucked out of nothing.

The only positive in the story was the introduction of Luke, a seemingly very nice young man. ( )
  2wonderY | Oct 23, 2017 |
A decent follow-up to The Witches of Lychford. Light and entertaining as opposed to deep or challenging. ( )
  ScoLgo | Jun 5, 2017 |
For the staff and customers of the Plough Inn, Fairford.

(This surely gets me one on the house, doesn't it, Rob?)
The Reverend Lizzie Blackmore slowly blinked awake, and found, to her surprise, that she was already furious.

It’s December in the English village of Lychford – the first Christmas since an evil conglomerate tried to force open the borders between our world and… another.

Which means it’s Lizzie’s first Christmas as Reverend of St. Martin’s. Which means more stress, more expectation, more scrutiny by the congregation. Which means… well, business as usual, really.

Until the apparition of a small boy finds its way to Lizzie in the church. Is he a ghost? A vision? Something else? Whatever the truth, our trio of witches (they don’t approve of “coven”) are about to face their toughest battle, yet!

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,836,855 books! | Top bar: Always visible