Hard Hitter by Sarina Bowen

Hard Hitter

by Sarina Bowen

Series: Brooklyn Bruisers (2)

424390,264 (4)None

I love this series so much! ( )
  thebookdisciple | Oct 9, 2018 |
Another great book for Sarina Bowen. I really enjoy reading her books. The characters and dialogue are so well written and the story line sucks you in and leaves you wanting more when you are done.
Can't ask for a better combination. This series has been fun to read, I'm glad to see there is at least one more planned. In the meantime, I'm jumping over to you the last series of hers that I've yet to read. Pick up this author, you won't be disappointed.
Happy Reading...enjoy! ( )
  AmyJ71 | Jun 20, 2017 |
Sarina Bowen Hard Hitter is a smash. Team captain and enforcer, Patrick O'Doul, does not like to be touched. After suffering a hip injury, he has no choice but to seek help from the team’s massage therapist, Ariana (Ari) Bettini. This contemporary sports romance is suitable for new adult and adult audiences.

When we were introduced to Patrick O'Doul in book one, Rookie Move, I was not a fan of his. However, the more I got to know him; I really began to like him. He had a trying childhood, being raised in a group home in Minnesota. It explains a lot about his personality. Ari is the perfect person to be assigned as Patrick’s message therapist. With Ari’s help, he grows a lot throughout this story. He is a good guy who owns up to his mistakes. I like that he begins to open-up to his team mates because of his relationship with Ari.

I really like Ari. She had a difficult breakup with her boyfriend of eight years, Vince. He got himself into some trouble, which unfortunately spills over into her life. Patrick finds himself trying to protect Ari from her Ex, whom he happens to know. It causes some fascinating controversy in the story.

I really enjoyed the plot. There were a lot of interesting details and twists. HARD HITTER is fast paced a and kept me focused from start to finish. I like how the chapters stared with the team’s standings. I also like that “No Sleep Till Brooklyn” by the Beastie Boys is the Bruisers’ theme song. Sarina Bowen does an amazing job with her second book in the Brooklyn Bruisers series. I cannot wait to read Mike Beacon’s and Lauren Williams’ story next in book three, PIPE DREAMS. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book. ( )
  dlynch | Jan 11, 2017 |
What do I adore about this story? That a rugged, hard-edged fella was not an alpha male with caveman issues. Patrick O’Doul had some personal issues stemming from childhood and although they were not dealt with at the start of this story he still was a functioning human being. Yes! More please! It was lovely that it was Ariana Bettini who called the shots and that he was okay with giving her what she needed. Patrick O’Doul’s character is just smashing! I am a sucker for men who are hard reads but are not afraid to put it all on the line when they find something worth fighting for.

The plot really revolves around Ari’s life and her recent break-up with a low-life named Vince. Talk about a nightmare. Things just go from bad to worse as Ari tries to deal with the fallout from the break-up. It makes her doubt herself and her ability to make wise choices. So, when sparks fly between her and Patrick she has a hard time getting her heart and her head on the same track.

The romance between Patrick and Ari was sweet, steamy and filled with many sexy times but the unexpected romance with Patrick also leads to a devastating blackmail attempt that puts everything Patrick has worked for his entire life into jeopardy. I like how the author was able to walk a tight line between the plot and subplots and not lose focus of what the story was primarily about, breaking down longstanding barriers and facing an undeniable attraction that has no rule book.

I really enjoyed the camaraderie of the team and the friendships of the secondary characters. They added much humor, sarcasm, and support to the overall plot. There were several points in reading this story that I laughed out loud and rolled my eyes at the antics of the characters. This was a story that had action, suspense, passion, and good times. A real refreshing romantic read!

This review is based on an eARC I received from NetGalley. It is an honest and voluntary review. The advanced receipt of it in no way affected my review or rating.

*Thank you to Berkley Publishing Group & NetGalley for this eARC of Hard Hitter* ( )
  TheGenreMinx | Dec 27, 2016 |

Sarina Bowenprimary authorall editionscalculated
Blackstone Audio, Inc.Publishersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Engle, RockNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Zanzarella, NicolNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

As team captain and enforcer, Patrick O'Doul puts the bruise in the Brooklyn Bruisers. But after years of hard hits, O'Doul is feeling the burn, both physically and mentally. He conceals his pain from his coach and trainers, but when his chronic hip injury becomes too obvious to ignore, they send him for sessions with the team's massage therapist. After breaking up with her long-term boyfriend, Ari Bettini is in need of peace of mind. For now, she's decided to focus on her work: rehabilitating the Bruisers' MVP. O'Doul is easy on the eyes, but his reaction to her touch is ice cold. Ari is determined to help O'Doul heal, but as the tension between them turns red hot, they both learn that a little TLC does the body good.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,154,106 books! | Top bar: Always visible