Chasing Christmas Eve by Jill Shalvis

Chasing Christmas Eve

by Jill Shalvis

8913203,792 (4)1

Spencer is an engineer, inventor who just wants to do his thing and stay out of the spotlight. Colbie is an author who has taken care of everyone but herself and has run away to regroup. These two are so right for each other if they can get out of their own way. Fun side characters, and great seeing the other couples again.
  wyldheartreads | Jun 20, 2019 |
Tech entrepreneur Spencer is carrying around some relationship baggage from the ladies he’s had no time for, while YA author Colbie has focused too much on her family and needs a break to rediscover her muse. Cue a meet-cute involving a dog and fountain on a dreary San Francisco day.

Chasing Christmas Eve also provides some back story for Eddie and his relationship with Spencer which helps to round out the group dynamic of the Pacific Pier building.

Given this is an author writing about an author I would’ve been interested in a little more insight into the writing process but overall this is another sweet instalment in Shalvis’ Heartbreaker Bay series. ( )
  SouthernKiwi | Apr 22, 2019 |
Chasing Christmas Eve (Heartbreaker Bay) by Jill Shalvis
Jill Shalvis is well versed at turning a frown into a much needed smile.  Chasing Christmas Eve delivers some early holiday cheer and bit of soul deep nostalgia.  What does a wannabe writer and a seriously single minded, but no less adorable inventor have in common?  The ability to make a reader laugh and cry in this temptingly sweet and inspiring Christmas carol. Pleasure is a certainty with this fun tale. ( )
  Lashea677 | Feb 16, 2019 |
Chasing Christmas Eve is an amazing book, that made me cry, and I suspect it is one of those stories that will always make me cry, as It's is such a beautiful tale. It is a tale of responsibilities, family, and finding out that your own happiness means as much as everyone else's.

Spencer's book was not one I was lingering for, don't get me wrong, I wanted to read it, but I wasn't dying for it, but silly me, didn't realize just how much the book would mean to me.

Spencer is the wealthy nerd, with the heart of gold and slightly sarcastic side, that we have known and loved through the whole series. Callie is the sweet older sister/mother to rain brothers, and to her own mother. She is the yes girl/ dogs body to everyone and everything, until she breaks, and with the help of mother nature, and Daisy the dog, finds herself in Spencer's arms...and that is where our story begins.

I'm still a relative newbie fan of Jill Shalvis, in fact, the very first book of hers I read, was actually the first book in the Heartbreaker Bay series Sweet Little Lies, and I have read every book in this series since. But being a newbie doesn't stop me from recognizing the amazing talent that this author has; and if you have never read a Jill Shalvis book, I recommend you pick one up immediately.

As I said before, Chasing Christmas Eve is a beautiful story, with fantastic character's, and written by a first class author! Which is why I give it 5 stars!
  Cara_Ross | Dec 2, 2018 |
4.5 Stars - Spence, I was looking forward to his story. He is kind and sweet and focused on work and I loved that Colbie was a distraction. Being strong and caring, she was a good match for Spence. The two had wonderful chemistry and I really enjoyed the book. There were a few good laughs, some sigh worthy moments and a wonderful cast of characters. I mean come on, who doesn't love that crew of friends Spence has! I am looking forward to the next book in the series.

~Paragraphs and Petticoats~ ( )
  MyaB | Apr 25, 2018 |

Writer Colbie Albright, fleeing to San Francisco to escape her crazy family, falls for a handsome stranger and, deciding to spend the holidays with Spencer Baldwin, must make a difficult decision when the two weeks they have together comes to an end.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,309,009 books! | Top bar: Always visible