The Lost Plot by Genevieve Cogman

The Lost Plot (2017)

by Genevieve Cogman

English (17)  German (1)  All languages (18)
The Lost Plot is the fourth book in The Invisible Library series and it was my favorite of them all. There was tons of action and overall it felt like the whole story was constructed better then the others. Plus, Albreicht didn't make an appearance- thankfully. That storyline is completely played out so I was glad to get a break from it. I wasn't ready for the ending though so I'm dying to see what happens with Kai. ( )
  EmpressReece | Nov 8, 2018 |
In this Invisible Library novel, our heroine is sent to investigate an apparent breach of Library neutrality in favor of a dragon engaging in political maneuvering. Danger in a Prohibition-era NYC follows, along with major changes in her relationship with her apprentice, the dragon Kai. ( )
  rivkat | Jul 5, 2018 |
These books are perfect for what they are - fast, fun reads, set in a great universe. The characters make sense, make good decisions (mostly), and the plot is set up in a way that unfolds in a natural way, no coincidences (except for that parade... which was commented on). I did think the romance in the story was weird and I'm not sure the author should took it there, but it doesn't distract from the story. ( )
  TheDivineOomba | Jun 14, 2018 |
In this book 4 of the adventures of Irene Winters, Librarian she and her dragon assistant Kai, get caught up trying to rescue another librarian who has been swept into a plot hatched by two dragons vying for a promotion from their queen who has set them the task of finding a book -- and who better to find it than a Librarian of the Invisible library. The problem is, the Library is adamantly neutral between the dragons who create worlds that are orderly and the fae who like worlds full of story and excitement and want to preserve worlds in balance, the balance that is best for ordinary humans. To lose their neutrality would be to lose their credibility with either side and disrupt the precious balance. The world in which this tale plays out is American, mainly NYC, during Prohibition. **** ( )
  sibyx | May 22, 2018 |
Addictive as all the others in the series are, this is the most comolicated plot/experience by far for our hero Irene. As the first one involved, heavily, the Fae, this last one involved the Dragons. Unfortunately putting pressure on her junior assistant to remain non-partisan but needing his expertise as a dragon--both for information and powers, as all of her plans go sideways, one after the other, Irene finally asks him to intervene.
My only minor haggle with this series is how it is very often shows Irene having moments of self-doubt based on her looks, which is inappropriate as she is a fully-fledged Librarian, in charge, and not because of her looks. ( )
  m_mozeleski | May 13, 2018 |
Kostchei,
We have a problem.

Dragon politics
Library must stay neutral
Send Irene Winters
(passion4reading)

"After being commissioned to find a rare book, Librarian Irene and her assistant, Kai, head to Prohibition-era New York and are thrust into the middle of a political fight with dragons, mobsters, and Fae. In a 1920s-esque New York, Prohibition is in force; fedoras, flapper dresses, and tommy guns are in fashion: and intrigue is afoot. Intrepid Librarians Irene and Kai find themselves caught in the middle of a dragon political contest. It seems a young Librarian has become tangled in this conflict, and if they can't extricate him, there could be serious repercussions for the mysterious Library. And, as the balance of power across mighty factions hangs in the balance, this could even trigger war. Irene and Kai are locked in a race against time (and dragons) to procure a rare book. They'll face gangsters, blackmail, and the Library's own Internal Affairs department. And if it doesn't end well, it could have dire consequences on Irene's job. And, incidentally, on her life.."--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,915,856 books! | Top bar: Always visible