The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam…

The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam (and the Crusades)

by Robert Spencer

"The courageous Robert Spencer busts myths and tells truths about jihadists that no one else will tell."  --MICHELLE MALKIN  While many choose to simply blame the West for provoking  terrorists, Robert Spencer's new book The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam (and the Crusades)(tm) reveals why it is time to ignore political correctness and identify the enemy - if we hope to ever defeat them. In a fast-paced, politically incorrect tour of Islamic teachings and Crusades history, Spencer reveals the roots of Islamic violence and hatred. Spencer refutes the myths popularized by left-wing academics and Islamic apologists who justify their political agendas with contrived historical "facts." Exposing myth after myth, The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam (and the Crusades)(tm) tackles Islam's institutionalized mistreatment of non-Muslims, the stifling effect Islam has on science and free inquiry, the ghastly lure of Islam's X-rated Paradise for suicide bombers and jihad terrorists, the brutal Islamic conquests of the Christian lands of the Middle East and North Africa, and more. In The Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam (and the Crusades)(tm), you will learn:   How Muhammad did not teach "peace and tolerance"--instead he led armies and ordered the assassination of his enemies Why American Muslim groups and left-wing academics are engaged in a huge cover-up of Islamic doctrine and historyHow today's jihad terrorists following the Qur'an's command to make war on Jews and Christians have the same motives and goals as the Muslims who fought the Crusaders Why the Crusades were not acts of unprovoked aggression by Europe against the Islamic world, but a delayed response to centuries of Muslim aggression What must be done today--from reading the Qur'an to reclassifying Muslim organizations--in order to defeat jihad terrorists  … (more)

Published in 2005, The Politically Incorrect guide to Islam is still amazingly current in 2017. If one were to judge the book by its cover, one would presume it to be sensationalist and provocative. The contents are, however, more civilised than the tabloid-like cover. The author, Robert Spencer, has done a good job referencing relevant source material. The book is probably not very balanced, but writings more amenable to Islam are surely also biased (reversely), while conforming to political correctness. The book made many important points and taught me several new things. (Read detailed analysis on my blog) ( )
  PeeKoo | Aug 31, 2017 |
Interesting, informative and thought provoking. It will be interesting to see where the tenants of the Islamic faith leads and how the world will respond based on the historical, current and future given the underlying desire to have Islamic rule. I appreciated the book references, the history and comparison with the Christian faith. ( )
  DrT | Jul 13, 2017 |
This is a wonderful book that tells it like it is! The writer is a foremost authority on his subject and he is candid where others may be a little fearful. Much to chew on, and for those super enthusiasts, Spencer has several recommendations to further research Islam and its many dangers! ( )
  Theodore.Zachariades | Oct 28, 2016 |
If you wonder what drives ISIS and their ilk I suggest you read this book. Well researched and documented. ( )
  4bonasa | Nov 25, 2015 |
Politically Incorrect Guide to Islam (and the Crusades) by Robert Spencer
Why I picked up this book: I wanted to read more about Muslims, wanted to get another perspective about it in light of all the talk about “we are a religion of peace” vs. the extremists that blow up buildings, politically correct answers from the past and how it all plays into today.

Why I finished this book: I really enjoyed this book. I liked the contrast between Islam and Christianity. I learned a lot in this book, loved reading the original work quotes, and I finished it because it was well laid out and interesting and I didn’t want to miss the well researched aspects of this book. I did have questions about the implications which made it fun to run for me. ( )
  DrT | Mar 20, 2011 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,559,557 books! | Top bar: Always visible